This hotel was booked by my company for 3 nights for a course. The hotel website looks impressive and I was keen to see how this translated when I got there. The hotel itself is in a residential area and has large grounds and ample parking. The receptionist was nice although brisk with instructions and the bar and reception area looked recently refurbished and modern. The rooms are to the right and left of the main three storey 'house' and usually involve going up the stairs and over one of two restaurants and then back down more stairs. The hotel passageways were always warm - too warm for me- but I am sure they were appreciated.
My first night was in the very nice looking Chic restaurant. Unfortunately, the aesthetics of the restaurant were a stark contrast to the food which was terrible. The smoked salmon and prawns turned out to be a weird salmon unbreaded fishcake with one lukewarm prawn - obviously defrosted but overly cooked in the microwave. The chicken pie was in fact a white sauce with chicken in a dish, with a small pastry crust floating on top. The vegetables were brown and tasteless and I suspect, also boiled form frozen. The fruit salad was soft and obviously a few days old with orange juice on it.
The second and third night was spent in the Kavi (Indian) restaurant next door; it was magnificent! Although not hot curry, the taste was great, as was the freshly made peshwari naan. This more than made up for the Chic restaurant.
The room was very large with patio doors and had enough room for two tables with chairs and a sofa (I think it was a sofa bed). Wifi was free and had a good singal strength. A fairly large LCD TV with freeview was good. The bathroom was pleasant and well lit with plenty of towels. The only down side to the room was the power spikes (and drops) that affected the room lights a couple of times a night (my colleagues main light had given up completely). The bed was ok but not great, as were the pillows, but it was a double bed which was welcoming.
The gym was well equiped but not particularly safe or clean; by this I mean there was a lot of equipment but nothing to clean them with once you finished and there was probably too much equipment in the room to be safe. Nethertheless, a very welcome addition! I didn't try the pool or sauna but my colleague was impressed and used it regularly.
Overall, I would say the room was spacious and clean, the staff were nice and attentive, the gym was well equiped and luckily, an excellent alternative restaurant to the Chic one; do not stay here without trying the Kavi restaurant! Two of the best curries I have had in the UK.
As this hotel was booked for me I don't know the rate, hence a 3/5 stars. If it was also fairly cheap I would have to say that minus the Chic restaurant it would be 3-4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Park Hall Wolverhampton Hotel has been recently taken over by its new owners late in 2011. The hotel is an exceptionally stylish and contemporary space, which yet retains the relaxed comfort of a country house haven that is just minutes from Wolverhampton. With new technology, state of the art facilities and exquisite contemporary interiors, all inside a gorgeous Grade II listed building, Ramada Wolverhampton Park Hall Hotel & Spa undoubtedly has something for everyone.Our friendly and experienced staff will be on hand to help with every detail of your visit, whether your stay is for business or pleasure, so relax, unwind, and leave the rest to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Park Hall Hotel Wolverhampton
- Ramada Wolverhampton
- Wolverhampton Ramada
- Ramada Park Hall Hotel And Spa Wolverhampton, England