Having had a pleasant stay at Park Hall on a previous visit I thought it would be a safe bet for my return trip.
Despite my booking confirmation promising "Double room for single occupancy" I found that I had been allocated a single room. Seemingly the french doors leading onto the balcony were regarded as compensation for the wrong bed size.
Unfortunately the french doors led to a shared balcony spanning the length of the wing of the building and past at least 3 other rooms. Being mindful that as a single female guest, sleeping with french doors wide open would not be a sensible move, I instead had to endure a boil-in the-bag - the french doors were the only source of ventilation in the room. Having arrived very late at night I decided to shut-up and put-up rather than return to reception and ask for a room-transfer, even when I discovered that the TV worked in only short 3 minute bursts
before becoming a radio (no picture & no remote control).
The strangest part of the stay however was being woken up at 7am by sound of Rod Stewart, Tears for Fears et al appearing to come from the smoke alarm on the ceiling (this was despite being on the top floor!). At 7.20am this was joined by the loud beeping of the clock radio from the vacant neighbouring room. When this was mentioned to reception as I was checking out I got a "Yes, sorry about that we've already had several other complaints - it must have been set by yesterday's guest". It appears that no one actually thought about simply entering the room and turning it off...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Park Hall Wolverhampton Hotel has been recently taken over by its new owners late in 2011. The hotel is an exceptionally stylish and contemporary space, which yet retains the relaxed comfort of a country house haven that is just minutes from Wolverhampton. With new technology, state of the art facilities and exquisite contemporary interiors, all inside a gorgeous Grade II listed building, Ramada Wolverhampton Park Hall Hotel & Spa undoubtedly has something for everyone.Our friendly and experienced staff will be on hand to help with every detail of your visit, whether your stay is for business or pleasure, so relax, unwind, and leave the rest to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Park Hall Hotel Wolverhampton
- Ramada Wolverhampton
- Wolverhampton Ramada
- Ramada Park Hall Hotel And Spa Wolverhampton, England