“Great hotel”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
London
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a good hotel and I would stay here again. Breakfast is good, lot of choice buffet style and friendly waiters. We stayed in a standard double room, it was ok in size, not massive but adequate for a couple. Bathroom was nice, although I prefer hand held showers. The room was very well insulated as it was very cold outside but lovely and warm inside the room. We visited the spa and it's not massive but good facilities including a gym, steam and sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool as well as treatment rooms. Lots of free parking on site too. Very reasonable in price also. They allowed us to check out an hour after stated time. A small health warning there are no lifts in the building which was fine for us, but if you have mobility issues be sure to let them know.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate all guest feedback and are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Ramada Park Hall Hotel, we have now ganied planning permission to install a lift, which will happen soon. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Caterham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed here whilst a band that we were due to see were playing at the Civic Hall in town. It was a busy time of year, with Christmas parties going on on both nights, but all in all we were pleased with the stay. The room rate included a good breakfast buffet and the bar food was excellent. The room keys were temperamental, which they will put down as being too close to one's mobile but I tried my hardest to avoid that and twice had to get the key reset. Good late bar, probably down to the fact that the band we were seeing were also staying there. However, being an older band, there was restraint yet merriment at this time of year. The staff were accommodating and helpful and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Many thanks for your positive comments.
We look forwward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went here this year for the works Christmas party... their 'New York, New York' Party night, several of us had also taken advantage of the room deal which was £60 for B&B. I arrived at about 6.30 and the check in was friendly and business like. Was a bit of a jaunt to find the room up stairs then back down stars but on arrival at the room it was very well appointed with all the things one would expect... except I couldn't turn the TV on as the remote didn't seem to function, the battery cover on the remote was missing and the label on the underside stated it was from a different room entirely? So I presumed I was in for a good party night!!

I hit the bar at 7pm and to my surprise drinks weren't too badly priced, a pint of San Miguel being £3 and a short with a mixer about £4.40. At 7.30pm we moved to the ballroom which going outside walking twenty yards in the rain and entering the function area which had another larger bar and hundreds of folks coralled waiting to get through to the ballroom where the tables were... something akin to a slaughterhouse I went to once, a herd of cattle awaiting the 'knocker' we were held like that, hot and uncomfortable for another 10 minutes but it was ok as they were giving out a glass of some kind of sparkling fizz... The seating plan of tables was as usual placed in the darkest part of the room that nobody could get to because of the crush, but there were also staff milling about with the information.

Then at 7.40pm some bright spark obviosly had the idea of opening the doors to the function room (they had only had all day to get it ready for 7.30!!) and we all filed in and found our tables... usual routine on these occasions large round tables capable of taking 8 or 10 people comfortably but somehow they had managed to squeeze 12 people onto these, cramped was an understatement, my side plate was two people to my left!! Obviously the company was very pleasant as they were all my work colleagues and wine was provided for us on the night. We got comfortable (not easy) and 10 minutes later they introduced some guy who was going to sing a few Sinatra songs... OMG he looked like Sinatra, like he'd been dead a few years and was probably the same age Sinatra would be now (98) at least he could carry a tune, Sinatra I mean!! He seemed to have the desired effect on the by now slightly oiled revellers. At 8.15pm the starters began arriving and when we got them they were very tasty I had prawn cocktail there was also a Fan of Melon or Vegetable Soup... now I don't mind an interlude between courses when I eat especially with good company, but I do like it to appear it's going to happen the same day... the main course started arriving at around 9.20pm just the time when Old noisey eyes started his second set!! With this dose of indigestion I had the festive fayre of Turkey there was also a Salmon or Quorn Chicken dish on offer. I was given a cold plate and a portion of meat which seemed of decent size, staff were also delivering bowls of veg which I thought were a little ambitious to feed 12 people, it might have done the 8 or 10 folk the table could comfortably accomodate... but it was obvious folks were counting the veg to ensure they only took their share... as the night wasn't exactly warm I decided not to wait for the gravy to arrive before eating my now rapidly chilling food and this turned out to be a good call as the gravy arrived at 9.50pm barely a minute before I polished off my last mouthful, I decided not to go for the potatoes left over due to someone being on a diet just to sample the gravy. this turned out to be a pity as at that time I didn't realise that desert would not be served until after 11pm when most of the very pretty looking deserts went to waste as the revellers were by now very merry and very tipsy and had mostly headed for the dance floor, which it seemed was no better than the tables and way too small to accommodate the thousands of folk trying to use it consequently it appeared they just crammed together and shuddered things thinned out as the night went on. The music was way too load, so much so that folk around me were having to shout to be heard... As the desserts went mainly untouched I think the staff just gave up and decided Coffee and Mince Pies would be a waste of time and the odd few who got coffee had to fetch it themselves from somewhere else!! I nmever saw a mince pie anywhere and thus have to conclude they were a New York Myth.

The night ended thankfully, as my ears felt like they were bleeding, at 1.15am and I returned to the relative comfort and quiet of my room, there was no point doing the afters party in someones room as by this time I couldn't hear anything. Instead I had a very comfortable nights sleep though the room was quite warm at least you can open the windows to balance the temperature to how you like it. I awoke fresh and went down for an excellent tasty and enjoyable breakfast where the staff couldn't do enough to assist.

I have scored this as Average based on the theme night.. had the hotel and rooms not been so nice it wouldn't have scored at all!! I find it such a pity that at times like these such establishments really try to maximise profits rather than provide a quality event... possibly relying on the fact that most will be too drunk to remember, I'm sure there would have been many in this position. It would take little to make these events really nice, like reducing the numbers by 15% making tables of 10 rather than 12 then folks could eat comfortably without having to wrestle each other or take turns picking up food. Turn the music down just a little so those who are sat next to each have a chance to actually hear each other. I realise it is difficult to cater for such a large number but the service needs a revue, maybe serve fully plated meals at such events so that at least all food is hot at the same time and of course serve the gravy before the food so its available to put on the food when you get it and not as a lonely afterthought. AND if you advertise coffee and mince pies serve them... Finally, New York, New York?? from the advertising blurb.. "See the amazing transformation of this fabulous venue as you enter into a New York style setting. “Melt away those little town blues in the city that never sleeps” with a drinks reception on arrival. Our Christmas Party menu has been designed exclusively for your enjoyment by our top banqueting chefs". Really?... It was a big room with tables and a disco, or did I miss something? FAIL

All in all the Hotel and accomodation seemed very good the theme night was Abysmal rubbish solely aimed at making money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Ian E
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my business stay at the hotel. Friendly staff, high level of cleanliness, great gym, spa, pool, jacuzzi and steam room, 2 restaurants within the hotel, 1 Indian , 1 English and of very high standard. The hotel location makes it for a peaceful night.
Areas of improvement:
Very basic room sizes, can have better kettles / cutlery / appliances in rooms and better showers in bathrooms.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your Positive review. Many thanks for all your feedback, on our staff, Health club and foof. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolverhampton
The Mount Hotel
#1 of 21 in Wolverhampton
Ely House Hotel
Ely House Hotel
#5 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!