“Birthday Party”

Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a birthday party here. A lot of chaos with the refurbishment. We were extremely worried how the event would go. The event went well thank to VISHAL. He was superb, understanding very helpful and made our guests, feel at ease. He is a valuable asset to the Hotel. He is very polite and thanks to him our event went smoothly, despite the last minute disappointments that the other depts had left. He handled them very well and the event ran smoothly.

We have also come across Vineet passing through the hotel on various occasion, he also is pleasant and very good at making you feel welcome. The hotel will run not by the name or refurbishment but having good staff. Thank you Vishal once again.

The food was excellent compliments to the chef, he did a superb job.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kate G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Park Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Many thanks for your great review. We are delighted with your comments on your event and Vishal. I have personally passed on your great review.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Siobhan F

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My apologies for not commenting sooner, but I arrived on the 28th August to this hotel in preparation for my sisters wedding at the hotel on the 31st August. We had travelled from Scotland after work so arrived the early hours of the morning. Check in could have been better we were just given our keys and told to walk through the indian restaurant to our rooms, we got a bit lost so would have been better service had we been taken to our rooms...but in all fairness this was the ONLY negative to our stay.
The night before the wedding we ate at the indian restaurant and the food was excellent, breakfast was also faultless. The staff all were friendly and attentive and made us all feel very welcome.
The day of the wedding everything was well organised the staff really looking after all my sisters guests. There was nothing we could fault, the food at the wedding was plentiful both during the day and the evening reception, honestly I read all these reviews and wonder if they were in a different hotel to me. The hotel is still under refurbishment but I had 2 family rooms and I have to say I stay in many hotels in Bham and Wton as that is where our families are and for what we paid for the rooms the facilities were outstanding.
Thankyou everyone at the park hall for making my sisters day so very special and our stay wonderful and memorable, I would highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GenGen123

Many thanks for your wonderful review. I have passed on all your positive comments to all staff. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My first stay in a Ramada hotel, never again. I was attending a friends wedding and as soon as I had parked the car (Great parking though, plenty of space) I was unhappy with the place.

After the three people on the reception desk had bothered to acknowledge me standing there and finished their conversation I checked in. Then began the great migration to my room which was at the further point from the reception. To get to my room I was advised to go through the Indian restaurant due to the refurbishment, which at the time had no lights on. Then after fighting my way up the stairs (no lift) and over numerous cables. I fought my way down a corridor with the worlds most pointless split doors where you couldn't just push through one you had to open both which isn't the easiest thing to do when carrying your own bags. As no porter was offered or seen.

The room on the surface looked OK, However I soon discovered that the kettle only worked if you held down the button whilst boiling it, not the end of the world I know but I would expect more from a large hotel group. The bathroom also is in dire need of a refit. The shower screen leaked and the shower itself was appalling with the worst pressure in the world, The overall decor in the bathroom was more in keeping with a 1970's B&B. There was no place to put toiletries near the sink apart from in it or on the closed toilet lid. Also the towels I think were washed in starch and smelt musty.

It was then I discovered that the hotel had not done what they said towards my friends wedding so myself and a few of his relatives and friends then had to move things, do stuff and make sure the hotel knew about basically simple things, No-one at the hotel seemed to have a clue about any of the arrangements and plenty of promises were made and quite quickly broken. This continued up until the ceremony after a few people and the groom had got things sorted including sorting out tables and getting drinks chilled etc. It seemed there was no single point of contact and no willingness to help from the hotel.

A large group of friends and I did eat at the on site Indian restaurant, a few of us had a touch of belly trouble that evening so not great. The breakfast was OK but the service was hit and miss and on one occasion we were never offered tea or coffee on our table so that was a bit of a let down. The wedding meal was either curry or a carvery, I opted for the carvery and was disappointed with the quality, 'Over done' was the best way to describe most of it and by the time I got to the front they were out of butter to go with the rolls. Also no after meal refreshments were offered which you would expect!

To cap off my stay i was charged for a beauty treatment two days after I had left the hotel, only discovering this when I checked my credit card statement. Apparently my female guest (news to me I was alone in my room) had had a treatment in the spa, that needed paying for. I have tried three times to try and get this money back every time being fobbed off by Danielle (my point of contact) in the Spa saying she needs to look at this or ask someone that and never bothering to get back to me. Luckily this was only about £24.

It is my friends who must of paid thousands of pounds to get married there that I feel sorry for. All in all I would say to anyone looking at this hotel for their event to be very wary of what you are promised and personally I will never use a Ramada hotel and hope for Ramada's sake that this is only a franchise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Ian Y

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Many thanks for your positive comments on our car park. We will be looking into your comments regarding reception. The refurbishment of all public areas has now been complete. We are a grade II listed building however we have recently got permission to install a lift on the premises. There are porters on site to assist all guests with luggage and our fire safety doors are for the safety of our guests. We are looking into the comments about the wedding as previously mentioned. In regards to the beauty treatment this was investigated and following CCTV it was confirmed that the guest in your room did have a treatment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future please contact us directly and we will ensure you will have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lots written on here about the famous refurbishment. We booked one of the new, refurbished "Executive" rooms which was of a good standard, albeit with no bath. We were informed of a function that would be taking place in a nearby suite but assured that it would not cause any problems with our stay. Three hours after checking in, we had to request to move to another room because of incredibly loud, thudding music vibrating through the floor from the function.

The hotel only had a non-refurbished room available in a quieter part of the hotel, so we reluctantly took that. The porter couldn't wait to disappear after showing my partner to it, there was no offer to help move our bags from the previous room.

The spa was excellent, very clean and accommodating, The staff in there were very friendly, pool a little small but this didn't cause an issue.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant "Chic" and wished we hadn't. The food was quite good, and again the waiting staff were excellent, but the place was being used as a thoroughfare all evening by guests of a wedding, so people were constantly walking past our table, and to add to the disturbance, the staff were also constantly moving furniture through the area, so what should have been a quiet relaxing meal ended up as a test of nerves.

In fairness to this place,

- We were refunded the difference in price between the rooms

- Two people, including the restaurant supervisor, apologised for all the disturbances in the restaurant (they seemed quite embarrassed by it)

... however, these problems should not really have been allowed to happen in the first place, and for that reason we won't be returning there.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of the rooms above the function area (we were in 33) when there is a function...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all guest comments on board and we apologise that your stay wasn’t at the standard we would expect. We hold functions every weekend during peak wedding season and try to allocate guests accordingly. Thank you for all your positive comments on staff, food and our newly refurbished health club which is proving very popular. We would like to invite you back in the near future please contact the hotel directly and we will ensure your stay is above and beyond your requirements.