“Very welcoming”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wolverhampton
england
“Very welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed for one night 8th October,made to feel very welcome on arrival.Lovely quirky,quaint hotel with lots of creaks! I had requested a vegetarian breakfast and a booking for the Indian restaurant, both requests had been done for which I was very grateful. Luxury room had 4 poster bed which was very comfotrable, very clean room.Lovely dining room with huge roaring log fire.Just a few minor gripes-
1. Out dated TV which was complicated to operate- flat screens would be good especially in luxury room
2. Very sparse supply of toiletries, just one tiny tube of shower gel which we had to eke out between the two of us! One tiny tablet of soap.
3. No spare toilet roll! Again we had to eke the small amount of paper left on the roll!
4. Had to ask for juice at breakfast as none left in jug and my husband was disappointed there was no sauce available to have with his breakfast.
These are only minor gripes and I am sure they would have been rectified if we had asked but they are doing such a good joband have onle been there a few weeks it seemed a bit unfair. Breakfast was lovely,piping hot and spotlessly clean table linen.
The Kings Repose Indian restaurant next door is amazing!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stanleyEngland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

I understood, pre-booking, that the hotel was under new management. Well, it seems that the new owners have hit the ground running.
The welcome was warm and friendly. On entering our room my partner was left speechless (which I thought was impossible) by the sight of a 4-poster bed. She couldn't believe that such a lovely room had cost so little. We had plenty of drawer and wardrobe space. The bathroom was small and clean.
We ate our evening meal at the Indian restaurant next door, which was very nice. Our hotel breakfast the next morning was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. The dining room was both a functional breakfast room and a living room with real log fire.
One minor gripe was that the TV in our room kept reverting to blue screen. Not sure if it was the TV or the fact that it was digital switchover weekend. And it was no big deal since we were far too busy to waste time watching TV.
And, to add my partners comments (She found her voice again. Oh well, It was nice while it lasted) . . . I felt like a princess . . . Could not believe we had a 4-poster bed . . . Such good value . . . Lovely and quiet . . . Loved the big fire.

Definitely a hotel we'd visit again
Neil & Belinda

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeilK306
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Ignore any bad reviews. Good news - Gina & Rufus have turned Featherstone Farm around. We have been staying here since 2002 but this weekend was one of the best. It very clean and though its just a base for V Festival weekend Rufus provided the best breakfast to get us through the day!

And the curry house next door The Kings Repose is great too.

We will be there again next year (so long as we get tickets)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank andrew r
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Arrived to find a picturesque old farmhouse that was to be our 'home' for the night. Our room was a cute little double with what I considered to be unique and therefore attractive features, the bathroom door you have to duck into as it's only about 41/2 feet tall. I loved the originality. The B and B is family run by a young couple, Rufus and Gina. Both were extremely welcoming and pleasant and made us feel right at home. Breakfast was freshly cooked and spot on, just what we needed. Rooms were a little creaky with people moving about above us but what can you expect from a 17th century farmhouse? Overall a great stay. Don't come to this hotel if you are expecting roadside hotel sterilisation and politeness. Warm welcomes and unique features all around do it for me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anon504069
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I am walking from Lands End to John O'Groats. To say I am extremely happy with my stay at the Featherstone Farm Hotel is an understatement. I'd had a long day and when I arrived Rufus was extremely cordial and made me feel very comfortable. He even noticed I was tired and may not want to go out for food so very kindly offered to make me something.

I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay for anyone who wants somewhere quiet yet close to road, rail, or a big city (Wolverhampton).

Would I come again? Definitely!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Daimon W
Featherstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I woud like to take this opportunity to Inform everyone that the Featherstone Farm Hotel is now under new management as of the 02/08/2011

Myself and my partner (Rufus and Gina) realise that the previous managers may not have met everyones expectations in the past, I can assure you that over the following months changes will be made to the running of the hotel in order that we not only meet, but exceed our guests expectations. We have been greatly saddened by some of the reviews on this site, and we would like to make clear that all of the reviews have been read by ourselves and any and all issues raised within them are being dealt with as quickly as possible.

The hotel is currently undergoing a face lift, and as this is completed over the next few weeks, we will be actioning solutions to all of our previous guests problems.

We would therefore like to invite our previous guests that were not satisfied with the hotel or it's facilities to come back and stay with us again at some point in the future, in order to see the improvments that we will continually strive to achieve.

In the meantime, we welcome all reviews, both posative and especially negative. It is after all only with our guests comments that we can improve our service.

We hope to seen you in the future

Adam and Gina

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ozzy3008
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

The overall stay was excellent and the owner was more than helpful and answered various questions we had in relation to our young baby and his stay also as we needed to accomodate his needs mores so. It was a pity that we had to wait over 10 mins with a young baby in our arms to get in and that the restauarnt owner next door made me feel like an inconvience for wanting to use the phone to contact the number on the door, especially being as this was supposed to be some quality time away we had left mobiles back at home. It would also have been nice to have been greeted on entry and not have this performance as we had arranged a arrival time when we had called which seemed a waste, it is also annoying having to pay on entry which I have never had to do elsewhere and wouldnt have to do here if the hotel was manned better. It would also have been nice to have had seperate milk on the table for tea. We will probably visit again as this was our second visit so far, the first was our honeymoon night but will look around for something similar and generally some remedial upkeep work in the rooms would erradicate some minor work that would put many off and keep the standards. We also had a noisy neighbour in the adjoining room and as the owner was not on site felt we had no proof the following morning to report this.

Room Tip: Generally good.