Stayed 5 nights - was an easy choice as the only other hotel available at the price was the Travelodge, a chain which makes me depressed before I've even arrived. Anyway Britannia hotels make no pretence of luxury - they buy up old properties, if they redecorate them at all it's to the most basic level, and then they run a low cost operation targeting coach tours and low spending buyers. Which I'm happy to accept - it was 26 pounds a night! This particular Britannia is what you might call 'cosy'. Rough around the edges, definitely in need of some tlc, but warm and comfortable. Room could have been cleaner and the receptionists on arrival could have been nicer though - even a low spending buyer is entitled to a clean carpet and a receptionist whose face doesn't look as if it will crack if she smiles! Apart from that I enjoyed it and would stay again above a Travelodge any day. The Victorian building has character, the food and restaurant service on the night I ate in was surprisingly good for a buffet, and the location is excellent. Definitely not what I had expected after reading some of the hysterical reviews!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Wolverhampton Hotel is a stylish Victorian building situated in the city centre. It is conveniently based just five minutes walk from St Georges Metro Station and is perfect for those visiting Wolverhampton University or the Mander Shopping centre. For fans of the theatre, the hotel is next to the Wolverhampton's Grand Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Britannia Hotel Wolverhampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolverhampton Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Wolverhampton England