Britannia Hotel Wolverhampton
Wulfrun Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Novotel Wolverhampton(Wolverhampton)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
A Park View Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Connaught Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Ely House Hotel(Wolverhampton)
Queen Victoria Hotel(Wolverhampton)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for one night only, the room was filthy with stains on carpets and walls, all that could be smelt in the corridors was smoke and not from normal fags, wouldn't stay here again . The bed was clean though and the staff were friendly, I cannot comment on the food because I didn't eat there, I went to weatherspoons across the road and the food was disgusting . Great nightlife tho.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Juliedawn000
Reviewed January 20, 2013

.....oh dear. Stayed at this hotel for one night on 19/1/13. was booked on a coach trip that uses this hotel. Now I understand why the trip was so reasonable ! ! This hotel is awful. Reception area was freezing, as was the bar, as was the restaurant - loosely termed - as was my room. it was minus 5 outside and not much warmer inside! This hotel is not easy on the eye, very drab decor, it looks dated and to be honest looks like the hotel that Britannia forgot. Hats off to the staff, particularly the waiting staff who seemed to be short staffed and trying their hardest to cope without it seems much direction from those above. The 'dinner' was buffet style, bland starter, bland main, and a very sad looking cheesecake, all barely edible, apart from the soup which was quite nice. I'm no Delia Smith, and certainly no snob, and to be honest didn't expect a la carte for what I paid, but,this was of a very poor standard. That said, breakfast was good, a good variety of choice, not too busy despite accommodating 3 coachloads of people, and the food was warm. Receptions staff I found to be very helpful quickly accommodating me when I asked for a an extra duvet for my room - yes it was cold even with the heating on ! This hotel is in need of an URGENT refurbishment, Britannia take note ! I'd like to leave this review on a positive note, the bar, which is also open to the public, sells carlsberg lager for £1.50 a pint ! Every cloud.........

Room Tip: If you have to book it, just book B&B and eat out for dinner !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Soosieque88
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Really ? Run down horrible noisy dive.

The noise is crazy, Yes its in the town center but its single Glazed,Just run down and horrible

Check in was slow, Cash up front, Food horrible, the bar next door is rubbish.
Overall 1 out of 5 would be a 0 if i could rate that low

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank brighty100
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Was booked into this hotel from 30th Dec to 2nd Jan 2013 there was nine in our party. This hotel is the pits. One of our rooms only had 2 beds instead 3 as requested. We had cracked sink, cracked door mirror no lock on bathroom door bins not emptied for 3 days, skirting boards, net curtains filthy . On our first night turn didn't turn up so had to wait for another turn for well over an 2 hours. Was very cold in the entertainment room no heating on bar not working as pipes not cleaned out. On second floor horrible fishy smell had burnt mushroom stroganaff served to us so sent it back. Asked for water with our evening meal was told couldn't have water only if we paid. Everything we reported at reception was okay will see to it. New Years Eve meal was serve yourself was like being sat in a bistro only two tables had tablecloths on was an absolute disgrace. Never use this hotel its filthy, no cleaners around

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Allison5389
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked this before reading tripadvisor reviews- bad move. The hotel is in a good central location but thats about the only positive. It is in desperate need of a renovation- the reception looks like something from the 1920s, the hallways need to vacuumed with a VAX for starters to try and remove the stains and then have all carpeting replaced. The constant noise in the evenings is dreadful with constant music thumping. I was on a non smoking floor yet I could still smell smoke and it wasn't tobacco smoke!!! The room was basic and did it's job but that was it. The chair in my room had a huge split in the upholstery, there was a dent in the wall which needs a simple polyfilla job and the bathroom was ok but again with a couple of loose tiles. Breakfast was edible in the loosest sense of the word. Britannia get your act together and renovate this hotel pronto.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo