“Good find”
Review of Madame Clarkes

Madame Clarkes
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional, Table serviced, Cafe-Restaurant set in Georgian listed building on historic street in the center of Wolverhampton. Passionately run by a Local family providing freshly prepared food and desserts in a relaxing and atmospheric enviroment. Afternoon Teas, Cream Teas, Take aways and Buffets all availble.
“Good find”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent little place liked it so much Friday afternoon we went back for breakfast Saturday morning

• Visited April 2013

Wolverhampton, West Midlands
“A beautiful place in not such a beautiful city”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I am born and bred in wolverhampton and seeing how I feel it's generally a horrid place this cafe makes me feel like ive escaped wolverhampton when I sit in it. I have been a regular visitor for the past 4years whenever I am in town I visit. They do all sorts of teas and drinks I love "the works" hot chocolate and there super thick milkshake. The food is excellent I often have a panni or sandwich there smoked salmon and cream cheese baguette is lovely. Most recently I had a cheese and colslaw jacket potato which was 3.90 I think and it was massive and of excellent quality this established wouldn't look out of place in York or Oxford I love the fact it has history and some heritage which wolverhampton seems to all have lost nowadays !

• Visited May 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Situated in King Street, Wolverhampton, this building goes back to the 18th century, and a small explanation of what the building was used for in the past is provided with each menu (it was a brothel at one time, hence the name!).
There are tables on the ground floor and also upstairs, up an old, steep windy staircase.
Service is excellent, the staff friendly and polite. Menu is quite extensive and the food and drink good.
Would recommend.

Visited March 2013
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Cosy tea-room”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stumbled across Madame Clarkes while out shopping and decided to check it out.we were pleasantly surprised.It has a cosy,tea-room atmosphere and offers full waitress service.The menu offers a wide selection of hot and cold meals and snacks-soups,sandwiches,baguettes,salads,cakes and full English breakfasts.They offer a cake and coffee option for £3.50,but the jewel in the crown is the 2 meals for £6.95 offer,which we opted for.Delicious fish,chips and peas and a large ploughmans lunch with ham and cheese,and a large crusty baguette and butter.Being vegetarian I asked for extra cheese instead of ham,which was no problem.For drinks we had cappuccino and lemon tea.We asked for fresh lemon slices instead of lemon & ginger teabag,which again was no problem for the staff.The only quibble is that the tables are a little too close together and the chairs are rather hard.however,2 large meals and 2 drinks for under £10 is fantastic value,and I will definitely go again and recommend it to others.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Beautifully styled and delicious food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I visited there today with a friend to take advantage of the "two meals for £6.95' offer. Downstairs was packed, but upstairs had room left, which was a nice indicator, I hate eating in an empty restaurant!

The service was adequate, I wouldn't say that the waitresses went above and beyond in the realms of friendliness, however at the end of the day, considering it was a small restaurant, you can imagine that they were rushed off their feet.

We had our food within ten minutes, I had the 'fish and chips' option which involved beautiful hand-cut chunky chips, a decent piece of fish and mushy peas. The food was hot and delicious.

The surroundings matched the theme of the restaurant, and It is definitely a place I will return to soon.

• Visited February 2013