“Enjoyed my food but not the Ambience”
Review of The Crown at Wergs

The Crown at Wergs
Ranked #61 of 531 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a beautiful Pub and Dining Room situated just outside the sleepy village of Tettenhall on the Wergs Road, serving fabulous modern British food, a range of locally brewed ales, lagers from around the world and a cracking wine list to boot!Whatever the occasion, whether it’s a catch up with friends over a glass of wine with our delicious Prix Fixe menu, a post work cocktail or two, a special occasion or just a good excuse for a treat, then we’ve got it covered. Our skilled kitchen team, headed up by Head Chef, Adam Lidster, are proud to offer a seasonally changing menu alongside some traditional pub classic.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I came here for a meal with my partner and his family. After hearing a lot of good about it I was quite disappointed. I had a Calzone, which was one of the best I have had since a child (we had Italian neighbours who did the BEST Calzone ever and this was the closest I’ve ever experienced it)
However, the other guests were a bunch of people trying hard to see and be seen, and it was terribly child unfriendly. My son needed a highchair, and the look I received from the staff and the guests nearby was as if I publicly acclaimed to this bunch of pretentious people that I was wearing shoes from Primark…
I will dream of the Calzone and continue my quest to find the perfect one elsewhere.

Simon J, General Manager at The Crown at Wergs, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear 'VeronikaFab'

Thank you for your feedback on you visit with us. I can see that you visited in October of last year, I do hope that you will continue to use the Crown as we have recently changed our menus and have some great new interesting menu items to choose from.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Calzone pizza, in fact all of our Pizza we offer on a lunchtime are always well received. The fact the we roll our pizza bases fresh to order and have a fantastic stone baked pizza oven really helps.

I am sorry that you felt that there were some pretentious guests in our pub, we want everyone to feel special when they visit, we do get very popular and very busy at times. We want to be the best around for incredible food and service, please try us again in the future, as I’m sure we will continue to deliver both.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came back to the Crown, after my previous visit was so enjoyable, to celebrate finishing my first year of University. Yet again, it didn't disappoint! The bar was busy as it was a Friday night, however the staff were working hard and served us quickly. The manager seated us and our waitress was on hand to make sure we were okay for drinks. She was very knowledgable about the menu and was able to answer all our questions about the new menu they've got. The food was delicious; I had a steak which was prefect - medium rare, as ordered and the fish, I'm told, was lightly battered and filling. The sticky toffee pudding was excellent, just enough to fill you but leave you wanting more. Overall I had an excellent time, in a lovely environment. Some people say the food is expensive, but you pay for the quality and the exclusivity. As for the pretentiousness some people claim of, I didn't sense this at all, only people out to have a good time. I'd recommend the crown to anyone looking for a special meal or a fun night out!

1  Thank Cottrill93
Simon J, General Manager at The Crown at Wergs, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear 'Cottrill93'

Thank you for you review on us! We really appreciate you passing your experience onto other readers & hope to see you again soon!

Simon, General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have visit the Crown regularly, but until recently, havn't eaten there. This weekend I visited with my family and I couldn't have been more impressed. The food was spot on, I had the mushrooms to start which were really good and the ribeye as a main- THE tastiest steak I have ever had. The service was fantastic although it was really busy, we were well looked after and didn't have to wait too long for our food either. I think the food is really reasonably priced aswell, and the portion sizes more than adequate, anyone who thinks other wise is greedy! Thank you for a wonderful evening, we shall be returning.

1  Thank Wedge123

Thanks for your positive comments and we appreciate the time taken to review us.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Simon James

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not sure about the negative reviews which people have added, both myself and my partner have been here on many occasions, and on the busiest evening of the week which i presume is Saturday. We can't fault the food or the presentation, not even the service.... i am quite critical when i go to a restaurant of what i expect, the food is full of flavor and every mouth full is a pleasure, the Chefs look as though they take pride in their work (as you can see them from the open Kitchen.. ) so to anyone who hasn't tried "The Crown" please do i don't think it will disappoint ( recommend the Lamb Rump !)

Simon J, General Manager at The Crown at Wergs, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Angela

Thank you for providing us with such positive review we go out of our way to create a perfect environment which is well maintained, with friendly people who work here delivering great food every time.

I am pleased to read that you and my partner have had many excellent visits to us and especially on busy evenings when we at a peak trading. Thank you for you acknowledgement of great food and service, we have an open kitchen as you discuss; this is so everyone can feel the buzz and the atmosphere of a great eating house.

We take feedback very seriously as we take pride in everything we deliver to our guests. Finally I too would recommend the Lamb Rump; it is a winner every single time.

We hope that you will continue with your positive attitude and continue to recommend us to friends and family alike.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Never been here before. Good food and good service. Not cheap but happy to pay for decent food. Will definitely make the trip from Cannock again soon.

Dear Keith

Thank you for your honest review from your recent visit, we get many reviews which is what we want as we aim for perfection every time, its feedback that allows us to improve and acknowledge when we are doing a great job. We want our guests to make us famous for brilliant well planned and executed food.

Great service and food alike is short and sweet and to the point.

Thank you again and we hope that you will become regular visitors of The Crown