“Always good.”
Review of The Bentlands Pub

The Bentlands Pub
Ranked #47 of 475 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bentlands Pub is a traditional pub serving real ales plus a large selection of wines, bottled beers & draught lagers/ ciders.........We serve freshly cooked meals, with a menu to suit all tastes..We are mostly famous for our large selection of 'Tex-Mex' ( Texan food with a Mexican influence).... We are essentially an adult pub, so we are sorry but we do not allow children in for drinks only.. But we do allow children in accompanied by adults, that is only if both children and the adults are dining, and seated in the dining areas only. The lounge & bar areas are for adults only. During the summer months we have a very large garden to the rear where families & pets are more than welcome to sit alfresco to enjoy the sunshine with a drink or to taste our menu. Restaurant reservations are accepted ....Meals served 12-9pm daily ..
Staffordshire
“Always good.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had several good meals here, always has a good atmosphere & staff very friendly. |Has a good garden & it's lovely for an evening meal or lunch in the summer.

Visited July 2012

Shropshire UK
“TEXMEX”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Not so much as restuarant as a pub which does meals. Can't book a table but it is a big place with fairly quick turn over so no problem getting a table.
Had nice texmex meal (enchiladas etc) which was quite reasonably priced.
There is a lovely beer garden for outside drinks / eating.
Real ale on sale.
Only criticism it that it was noisy around the bar and people standing at the bar made getting at it to order food awkward as the waitress couldn't hear me above the noise.
Service friendly and efficient.
It is worth noting that The Bentlands is actually in Codsall, not Wolverhampton, although it has a Wolverhampton post code.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Wrekinhavoc
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Vile”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Ate here with friends recently
Decor in need of a spruce up very tired grubby
Food not much better and service terrible

1 Thank mirrorsmisty
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, customers, and enjoyable evening meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

It always amazes me that there are some people who expect exclusively restaurant style meals at gastro-pubs, and rate them as such. The Bentlands is a public house that serves food, and after having visited this establishment on more than one occasion, I am happy enough to say that I would eat there again, and again until such time I am disappointed, and by that I mean, should I ever have cause to complain about a dish and it was not dealt with satisfactorily, then I would rate it as such, and stop using the place. Today, 25th August 2012, I took my parents out as it was my Father’s birthday. On entering, we were greeted by friendly smiling staff, served quickly and politely with drinks, and then we made our way to a table. My Father chose, (eventually), Poached Salmon Fillet with lemon pepper butter, served with new potatoes. My Mother, as always, chose the beer battered fish 'n' chips, and I had the 10oz Rump steak, medium, with creamy peppercorn sauce. Everyone enjoyed their meals which were all served at the same time, of good sized portions, and again by friendly staff. The only thing I would say let my meal down was the creamy peppercorn sauce. I have had better, but I have also had much worse. It wasn’t unpleasant in any way, but it definitely lacked a little vivacity. Maybe a Brandy or Whiskey peppercorn sauce would add the vigour it lacked, but overall, I would say that the Bentlands is worth a visit, but remember, this is a gastro-pub and not some top notch London eatery.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Paul P
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“A Bit Disappointing”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We expected better from our first visit to the Bentlands. On the positive side, the large sharing platter made a great starter and raised our expectations for the main courses. The selection of drinks was good too (real ales and a choice of wine by the glass). However, the main meals were poor. The chilli (their speciality!) lacked flavour and was simply not fiery enough for a 'real' chilli. The rice it came with had not been drained so the bowl was flooded with water. We sent this meal back. My chimmichanger had a watery tasteless filling, not as good as the one I had a Chiquittos a few nights ago.
Maybe we caught them on a bad day. Maybe it was the chefs night off. We probably won't return.

• Visited August 2012