“A Bit Disappointing”

Ranked #54 of 507 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bentlands Pub is a traditional pub serving real ales plus a large selection of wines, bottled beers & draught lagers/ ciders.........We serve freshly cooked meals, with a menu to suit all tastes..We are mostly famous for our large selection of 'Tex-Mex' ( Texan food with a Mexican influence).... We are essentially an adult pub, so we are sorry but we do not allow children in for drinks only.. But we do allow children in accompanied by adults, that is only if both children and the adults are dining, and seated in the dining areas only. The lounge & bar areas are for adults only. During the summer months we have a very large garden to the rear where families & pets are more than welcome to sit alfresco to enjoy the sunshine with a drink or to taste our menu. Restaurant reservations are accepted ....Meals served 12-9pm daily ..
“A Bit Disappointing”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We expected better from our first visit to the Bentlands. On the positive side, the large sharing platter made a great starter and raised our expectations for the main courses. The selection of drinks was good too (real ales and a choice of wine by the glass). However, the main meals were poor. The chilli (their speciality!) lacked flavour and was simply not fiery enough for a 'real' chilli. The rice it came with had not been drained so the bowl was flooded with water. We sent this meal back. My chimmichanger had a watery tasteless filling, not as good as the one I had a Chiquittos a few nights ago.
Maybe we caught them on a bad day. Maybe it was the chefs night off. We probably won't return.

• Visited August 2012

“A mixed bag”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We went to the bent lands a Monday night with a group of 16 people. The food was superb, it all came out at the same time and everyone in the party said they really enjoyed their meals. The prices are reasonable. The draught beer was also very good. The only minor gripe is that the service for drinks at the bar was a bit slow but I would recommend it and wil be going back again soon

shropshire
“Not perfect, but very close!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We visited the bentlands as a group of four on a busy Saturday evening. I was pleasantly surprised by the country pub style exterior with ample parking and huge gardens. On entering we were greeted by a very busy pub. It didn't take long to be served drinks at the bar and when we enquired about food we were told in an apologetic manner that there would be an hours wait.
We found a table straight away and looked at the menu. We ordered the combo starter and chicken nachos for starters and sombrero steaks for mains. My partner asked for jacket potato and beans instead of fries and onion rings which was accommodated with no problems.
The barmaid did have issues when it came to dropping glasses and keeping you waiting at the bar whilst cleaning up the broken glass and then proceeded to spill the next drink over you!!!!!! I've never been to a pub/ restaurant where the staff are so apologetic.
Considering it was a very busy Saturday evening the service was excellent and the food excellent( and it didn't take an hour either). Would I go back, most definitely but maybe earlier on a Saturday or in the week.

“Great pub food”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Really nice pub food for a lunch time. If you are visiting with a larger party, they will even prepare the food in advance for you, which comes in handy for us when we visit on a lunch hour. The pub itself is a little dated, but I think that is all part of the experience they are offering. Plus it has a great beer garden for those odd occasions we have a sunny day!

Visited April 2012
“A Delight”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have already reviewed "The Bentlands" but after visiting another two times since, I thought I should refresh my views, as it were. I would most definitely recommend The Bentlands on Suckling Green Road, Wolverhampton as a great evening meal out. My opinion would be to stick to the Tex-Mex for the greatest results, especially the beef dishes (eg. Beef fajitas/Beef enchiliadas) as they are absolutely mouth-watering, if you're still a little tempted by more great food have a side-order of special spicey chips, as they are a delight for anyone with a spicey pallett! My advice would be to not go overboard with starters at this resturant as the main courses are very filling.
As the Bentlands can be rather costly, for maximum effect save a trip to this delightful family friendly, cosy bar & resturant for special occasions. This works especially well when ordering one of the various "sharing" dishes available on the extensive menu.
Well and truely, a delight!

• Visited June 2012