“worthy of another visit for sure”
Review of Penn Tandoori

Penn Tandoori
Ranked #2 of 506 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
west midlands
“worthy of another visit for sure”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food good, service good, hosts excellent, prices reasonable, don't think just go, i will again!! For a nice night out with service that excels you will struggle to find better

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mark421748

birmingham
“Great food and top service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant, the service is top class. We had house specials which were perfectly cooked and full of flavour. Decent pint of cobra washed it all down nicely! Rose at the end was a nice touch. Will definitely be returning soon!

Birmingham
“Great food- great service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We ate here in January and had a lovely meal. The food was very tasty and fresh and the service was excellent. We've had takeaway from the restaurant before and both eat-in and takeaway are great!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Not meeting expectations following recent positive reviews”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A last minute decision to try it out midweek. A miserable night, but with a warm welcome. We started with Papadums which was accompanied with a good and generous selection of chutneys.
Main courses consisting of mixed meat biryani ((£11.95) which was well received by my husband but commented that the vegetable curry lacked a richness in flavour but good texture.
However the chicken Tikka Saag balti (£7.95) was lacking in flavour, too dry and too salty. The naan bread (£2.50) was tasty. We had a pint and half of Cobra lager served in beautiful glasses . Overall I think that £32 + for what we had was more than what you might expect and we're unlikely to try again.

1 Thank liziz
West Midlands, England
“Excellent food, faultless & friendly service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Not sure why it has taken me so long to write a review for this, the best Indian restaurant for miles around. I've been coming here for a few years. Quite some time ago, it used to have dark furnishings and slightly old-fashioned decor (this is not meant as an insult, no way). Even back then, the service and friendliness of the staff was second-to-none. The food was also amazing back then, and has just got better and better, in my opinion. A while ago, when I saw that the restaurant was having a refurb, I was worried that the atmosphere (and the management/staff) would not be as warm and welcoming. How wrong I was ! And there is plenty of variety on the menu. I like to try different starters and main courses but there is one particular main course that I have to rave about - the Lobster Bhuna. It is my absolute favourite. All portions are good-sized too. The management and staff are so friendly, I feel like royalty when I dine here.

• Visited December 2012