“Always very tasty”

Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Ranked #322 of 473 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Set in Tettenhall, we serve a delicious carvery 7 days a week with seasonal vegetables and salad. Additional to that, try our fresh Stonebaked Pizza and a great selection of burgers. Or just pop in for a drink and try some of our local ales, excellent selection of lagers, wines and great cocktails.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always very tasty”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love gourmet food but you cannot beat the quality & value of the carvery food offered here. I often take my mom & aunt out for lunch - but this is always our favourite carvery. Not a particularly good part of town but it will not stop us visiting. We have been going for years.

Visited February 2013

Walsall, United Kingdom
“Hot food fpr a change!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I find alot of caveries are hit and miss but I have to say I have visited the newbridge quite alot and have found the food nice and hot and a good choice of potatos and veg, although it can get really busy it;s all in the timing.

Visited September 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We regularly have a carvery meal here and it is never less than very good. The staff are very pleasant and they are constantly topping up/replacing the vegetables as required. Bottles of wine are very reasonably priced.

Visited January 2013
“Its ok”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Food is ok, not sure about this pay more get a king size, or pay the standard rate and get a smaller amount than you used to get.
Recently went to a Toby carvery where you paid a set price and had the choice of king size or smaller, granted it cost slightly more but the food was better.
Still like the pub though, it has a certain character and the beer is good, even though it is not Bank's.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank daveh212
“Needs refurbishment”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recently went for a lunchtime carvery on a weekday. Firstly, I felt there needed to be more bar staff as it seemed to take too long to be served and quite a queue developed as I was waiting. It was easy enough to find an empty table at which to sit at that time (1pm) then my friend and I joined the carvery queue. I noticed that there were still three choices of meat: beef and turkey as before but now joined by pork instead of gammon. I thought this was a change for the better. The range of vegetables on offer was reduced as compared to previous visits and the potato option was now roast and mashed. I could certainly tell that the mashed potato was 'real' as opposed to being re-constituted from a packet as there were several large chunks of unmashed matter in the serving bowl.
One practical inconvenience was that the gravy container is now situated right next to the vegetables unlike before when it was placed on a separate table. In its current position, it adds to the congestion of people at the counter.
The food tasted fine, nothing to get excited about but nothing to complain of either. My main point about the Newbridge is that it is long overdue for a major refurbishment or, at least for a start, a really deep clean. The furniture, carpets and walls all have a tired and worn out appearance. Yes, I will go there again but not any time soon.

• Visited January 2013