All reviews indigo restaurant eden room premium room steyne gardens independent hotel single room staff could not have been more excellent hotel lounge area his team birthday party kippers sea front hotel is situated cooked to perfection stayed here for one night comfortable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review is of the Hotel only ,I have reviewed the excellent Indigo restaurant separately.

What stands out at the Ardington is the quality of the staff,their attention to care of guests,and the service in general

I suspect,but don't know ,that the owning family are on site most of the time leading by example and those we met certainly did that

Our stay which was for 2 nights did have a couple of problems neither of which could be fixed. However it was not for the want of the staff trying and they all earn't our thanks and respect.

In summary it's an old style 3 star hotel expertly run

Would we turn? " At the drop of a hat"

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a one night stay in a single room as I was on a course for the weekend in Worthing. Hotel is in a great position near to all amenities in Worthing. Parking is a bit of a nightmare (we have an apartment in Worthing so know how frustrating parking can be). Although there are meter bays outside, it was the hottest day of the year so traffic was at an all time high. I had to drive round a couple of times to wait for someone to vacate a spot.

Staff were very friendly. Room was comfortable and cosy, it was actually like being back at home with the parents. Spotless. I ordered room service which came quickly.

I noticed a little landing noise until around midnight, nothing too loud, just people toing and froing. The only issue I had was I was awake at 4.30am. Nothing to do with the hotel but as soon a dawn broke, the flipping seagulls were at it ! I didn't have breakfast as I was leaving early the next morning but the restaurant looked lovely.

Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We held our small Wedding Reception on 8 June 2019 for 28 people. The service that we received can only be described as exceptional. The staff were courteous, helpful and keen to add as much as they could to make our small wedding very special. We were given the exclusive use of a small private area at no additional cost. The food was described, without exception, by all of our guests as delicious being cooked to perfection. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough following the service that they provided to us and would have no hesitation booking this venue for future special occasions.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2019

We booked this hotel for my dads 90th birthday celebration. It had come highly recommend by local people. I don’t live in Worthing , so this was important. I dealt with Simon Margaroli, this hotel has been in his family for years.
We booked a 3 course lunch for 40 guests.
Simon was very flexible and accommodating throughout. We discussed the menu, he was able to cater for whatever I asked.
The room we hired was lovely, and once the tables laid, looked even better. There was no rush for us to leave, we felt completely at ease.
They followed my agenda and wishes for the day, it could not have gone better.
He supported the whole way and guided me when I needed support myself.
On the day, our guests main comments were how wonderful the food was and how lovely and efficient the staff were.
Compliments to the the whole team at The Ardington, so glad we chose to celebrate this special occasion with you.
Thank you.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

You can blame Elton John & Trevor Nelson both appearing in the Brighton area (where we intended to stay) early June for us ending up in Worthing. Thanks to them, we discovered this hidden pearl of a Hotel! All their very hard working staff are a credit to themselves & the hotel industry. As value for money goes, nothing in all my travels beats Ardington.Yes the food really is as good as reviewed. The rooms are kept very clean and the free room snacks & drinks are amply refilled. It is 1 minute slow walk to the sea & Worthing Pier(which has a fee free cash point) & shopping mall. Do try the really brilliant Connaught Theatre/Cinema, about 3 minutes walk away. On Monday mornings, you pay £4 & get to watch a film & GET FREE TEA OR COFFEE WITH A CHOICE OF BISCUITS!! We stayed out of the rain & saw Aladdin! Worthing is a good mid point between Brighton & Chichester (& the stunning Goodwood Races). You will not find a more homely & welcoming base. We will return this year!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple