“Ok hotel, nice staff”

and 1 more site!
The Ardington Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is an OK hotel, the rooms are a bit dated, but the breakfast is great and the staff are friendly and helpful. Location is great only 100 yards from the seafront. Theres no parking but its free to park in the street between 6pm and 9am.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank watersaver

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is in a great position just a few steps from the seafront and the pier in a lovely old terrace opposite Steyne Gardens.

It is a wonderfully helpful and friendly place and nothing seemed too much trouble for the excellent reception staff. The room (premium) was fairly small but adequate and very comfortable and quiet, even on a Saturday night.The bathroom was fine but if you want a separate bath and shower you would need to pick a larger hotel.

Breakfast had plenty of choice but I was in a rush so was unable to wait for the freshly cooked haddock or omelette and so cannot comment on them. Even so the buffet impressed me as they only put out a few freshly cooked fried eggs at a time so they didn't go cold an leathery. We did not use the restaurant so i cannot comment on that.

Parking is on street but there seemed to be no problem getting a space right outside at the weekend. The hotel provides all day parking vouchers at a discounted price. As the road is a two hour only parking zone these are essential.

I would certainly like to return and can really recommend it to anyone who wants a nice character hotel with great service in Worthing.

Room Tip: premium rooms are nice as are ones overlooking Steyne gardens
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed in a few local hotels recently and this is the best I've found so far! I only booked at the last minute due to a mess up with my booking somewhere else so I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The location is great, right by the seafront and overlooking nice gardens to the front. Parking outside is metered between 9am and 6pm but I think you can buy a day pass at reception. I've stayed round here twice now and never had a problem getting a parking space even when I've arrived quite late at night. I don't think there is a lift but reception did ask if I needed a hand with my bags up the stairs. Anyone with mobility issues may need to bear this in mind.
The slight downside is the road outside which although on a one way system is quite busy. On the plus side the rooms have secondary glazing which would help to block out the noise except it was so hot I needed to keep the window open. I'm not sure how the rooms were quite so hot - the weather wasn't that warm outside and the heating wasn't on but it felt like there were hot water pipes running under the floor. Myself and the guys at the next table one morning at breakfast both felt like we were melting!
I had a standard room which was a bit dated and could do with some TLC in places - in a couple of places the wallpaper was peeling or scratched and the bathroom was a bit old fashioned but on the whole it was fine. There was plenty of drawers and a decent sized desk and wardrobe. The bedding was lovely and fresh and the towels were big and fluffy (I've stayed in premium brand hotels recently where this wasn't the case!!). I would prefer a duvet rather than blankets and a bedspread but at least the blanket was soft and fleecy not wool which I loathe. The water pressure in the bathroom was good - very good when filling the bath and the shower wasn't bad either!!
Breakfast was nice, nothing exceptional but a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, toast brought to your table and a hot buffet items. i found some of the hot food a bit greasy for my liking but the bacon and sauages were good quality meat. Staff were all very friendly and efficient but I found it hard to determine who worked here - the waiting staff are smartly dressed but looked like most of the clientele (predominantly business men during the week!) so it might be useful if they had some sort of distinguishing feature e.g. name badges or branded shirts?
I dined in the Indigo restaurant one evening and had a lovely meal. 2 courses from the fixed price menu for £15.95 which seemed very good value and the food was beautiful. I'd happily go to eat here even if i wasn't staying in the hotel.
Glad I found this place and I'll definitely consider staying again if i'm in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the road and gardens if you don't want the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We just had a really great weekend staying at The Ardington to celebrate our Dad's 70th birthday. Amazing food and great service in The Indigo restaurant for Saturday lunch and breakfast. The hotel staff were really helpful and our rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is perfectly located by the sea front and easy to access the lovely antique tea room, cinema and children's activities near the pier. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have more modern decor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank womblestone
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed here a few times this year and will no doubt be back again soon. The first time was with my husband the second with 2 small children. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. I was quite worried about going there on my own with a 2 and 4 year old but was made to feel at ease.
The food is great. Breakfast is well cooked, well stocked and I can't think of anything it was missing.
The rooms do seem to vary dramatically. The first room I stayed in had a very small ensuite and was not what i would describe as a 'superior' room, the second room (room 27) was much better and bigger.
With the children we stayed in the family room which was large with 2 double beds a decent sized bathroom and fridge.
My main complaint is that when I have stayed here the rooms were uncomfortably hot and although the hotel did put some fans in the room they did not make much of a difference. Parking can be a problem as it is on the road and if there happens to be something happening in Worthing that night it may be difficult to park outside the hotel. Other than that we had a good stay and I will return again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank smudge115
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting the Goodwood Revival. The staff were very helpful which made our stay a pleasure. The room was very nice and the breakfast very good. There is also a nice bar which we took advantage of. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank HurricanePaul
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights at the Ardington Hotel. Check in was quick and easy and we were informed we were upgraded to a premium room. We had our 5 month old baby girl with us and the staff were excellent. We had dinner in the Indigo restaurant whilst our daughter slept in her car seat next to us and it was great. The food was tasty and a great choice of fish and meat. The breakfast was good, traditional fry-up and they will make things to order too. The room was modern and comfortable, the bathroom could do with updating but its fine and has a good shower. The location is great and had a walk into town and on the seafront both mornings. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 38, which was lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family