“All ages”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“All ages”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It says a lot about the wide appeal of ‘Food’ that our 92 year-old aunt suggested it when we took her out for lunch.

Situated in the rather unpromising backland between the sea front and the main shopping street, the building with its faintly art deco air stands out as clean and well maintained. A multi-storey car park is conveniently a couple of minutes away. The restaurant is on two levels with a bar area just inside on the ground floor.

When we went it had a bustling lunchtime atmosphere accommodating everyone from singles to parties. The busy staff were excellent, helpful and informally polite.

The food has a strong Italian accent, though we chose an international mixture from the excellent £7 lunch menu: roast pork. chicken Kiev and steak frites. All were good. Of the desserts, lemon meringue pie, bread and butter pudding and tiramisu cheesecake, only the letter disappointed. The standard sauvignon blanc was very acceptable; glasses of water came without asking.

We came out contented and nicely set up for a bracing stroll along the prom.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The service from the minute we walked in to the time we left was excellent, Friendly and polite. The food was again excellent with a fantastic choice on the menu loads to choose from. The only downside was that the specials were not written down the waitress told you them which meant I had to ask at least twice what they were I prefer to read them but that could be just me. The overall experience and food was great and cant wait to go back

Sussex
“Love this restaurant!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have been here several times and last week we took my Mum for her birthday dinner. The staff as always were attentive and friendly. The food as always was excellent. Whatever dish you choose you will not be disappointed!

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Another great meal”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My main dish was named 'Buda Roast Belly & Scallops' It was delicious. The pork just melted in your mouth and the scallops were really tasty.

On the menu, the text was about how the dish came to be on the menu.

the staff were friendly and attentive. This is a top Worthing venue.

1 Thank Peter36mc
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't bother to go back”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We eat out quite a lot and whenever I see a large menu such as the one we were presented with @ Food my heart sinks because invariably it mean bought in food, and that's exactly what it tasted like, my starter of fish cakes was floury with too much potato and was bland, my chicken main course was very ordinary, my husbands pork belly wasn't cooked very well, skin not crispy, all in all a disappointing and expensive evening.

• Visited October 2013