“Consistant exactly what you want in a restaurant!”
Review of Food Restaurant

Food Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 347 Restaurants in Worthing
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Consistant exactly what you want in a restaurant!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a lovely Sunday Lunch with family, 7 people in total and not one complaint. To start I had the crab cheesecake which was delicious, others in the party had the ribs, popcorn prawns, soup and mussels and eveyone enjoyed their dish , The majority of us kept to the Roast for mains which at £ 11 was great value and was also really good, they served Lamb,Beef, Pork or Turkey all nicely cooked and tasty, and come with four well cooked vegtables. Only two managed desert and the creme brulee was the favoured choice. The wine list is a reasonable size and the prices are good. The staff are very friendly they serve quickly and without fuss. We have been here on a number of occasions and it has been consistantly good which is what I like in a resaurant.!

2 Thank FifiD_london

“Superb!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a lovely table next to the window overlooking the sun terrace, the staff were friendly and helpful and had a great sense of humour! The food is excellent quality, I had the wonderful parisien vol au vent to start and a whole seabass with moules sauce for main which was fantastic! My husband had the pigeon starter and fillet steak which was perfectly cooked. Our friends were also really impressed with the quality of food and we all had a great evening. It's not the cheapest of places but we felt it was worth it for a special occasion. We have already recommended Chambers to several people and can't wait to find an excuse to go back!

1 Thank joejoe147
Worthing, United Kingdom
“... sorry, what did you say ?”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I’m trying to be fair and objective but, to be honest, it’s difficult. ‘Food’ is noisy – very noisy. I have no wish to dine in monastic silence, but I would like to enjoy the conversation of my companions which, surely, is one of the main pleasures of sharing a meal with others. Granted that we went on a Friday evening and, like any decent restaurant, it was busy, including several boisterous birthday parties – that was not the problem - it was a combination of the acoustics of the place (an ex-industrial unit) coupled with our location – right next to a pianist; live ‘musak’ is no less irritating than the canned stuff. With the notable exception of the ‘Stuffed Squid’, which looked like and, apparently, tasted like something from a path-lab, the food was ‘OK’ except that my ‘chilli dusted calamari’ had no chilli heat whatsoever and my ‘confit lamb shoulder’ was nothing like ‘Kleftiko’ as alluded to in the menu’s ridiculous description (the lamb came with sweet potato chips – unfortunately I dislike sweet potato). Good service, decent wine and the star, foodwise, was the soup de jour – a fish and shellfish bisque.

“CONSISTENTLY GOOD”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food here is generally very good but not always - the puddings though are fantastic. Nice surroundings but huge restaurant so can be very noisy and busy. Staff are good - friendly and professional. However, this is a very busy restaurant and so service can sometimes be quite slow. There is a pianist sometimes which is a nice touch but can be a bit overwhelming if one is seated right next to the piano as I was at my last visit. They offer a very good value lunch time menu. Overall I would recommend.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Maire V
bucks
“lovely food lovely company lovely place”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate here on saturday night .there were six of us my children and their partners and my husband.the restaurant is very attractive with a good atmosphere lots of white linen and polished glasses( this always makes things seem special).the menu is a bit quirky but didnt detract from choosing our food .the waiting staff are very pleasant and well informed about dishes and wines .i had scallops to start they were gorgeous the other starters were good in particular was the mussels in a thai type sauce (yum yum).we had 2 bottles of wine a sauvignon blanc and a californian chardonnay both very smooth. i had the confit of lamb it was melt in the mouth,2 of us had the wellington which was very good another had the risotto well cooked so often too gloopy.4 of our party had puds lots of calories and we had woo woo cocktails they were delicious.a lovely evening in very good company,go again? yes yes yes

1 Thank jay56Bucks