“Real treat for Mother's Day”
Review of Food Restaurant

Food Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 365 Restaurants in Worthing
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have eaten here several times over the years, and when I was invited for Mother's Day, I was a little worried that I had eaten all my favourite choices, but was not disappointed. Scallop starters were beautiful, and the admirals luncheon, very extravagant, but an amazing dish. I will certainly order it again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had lunch here on Mothering Sunday and it was superb. The food was delicious and the service couldn't have been better.
The pianist played lovely tunes which all added to the ambience. All in all it was a glorious lunchtime treat.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

In searching for a suitable restaurant to take parents to in Worthing we were pointed in the direct of Food by a younger family, who hadn't eaten there themselves, but had heard of the restaurant's reputation.

From entering I was greeted very warmly and efficiently and took a seat in the comfortable waiting area, while my husband collected his parents from nearby and tackled the somewhat difficult parking in the area. The staff were happy to wait for my husband to return after dropping his parents to the restaurant.

The restaurant is very clean and has beautifully laid tables with white linen, with seating on two floors. Though it was very busy, the service was excellent and while all of our dining needs were catered for, we were not hassled or hurried at any time.

In the absence of the usually present (evenings and Sunday lunchtimes) pianist, a regular diner got up and played the grand piano, which was situated just alongside our table. What a treat.

Between us we had the Berber lamb dish, sea bass, pollo loco and beef Wellington. All were excellent and the portions were good. The chocolate brownie, raspberry cheesecake and bread and butter pudding all went down well. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to local friends and visiting families and look forward to eating there again. It seemed that Food understandably has a regular and returning clientele. They also offer a lunchtime menu, at roughly £7 a main course, which we hope to try in the future.

1  Thank Val19England
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Every time I eat here we are surprised it keeps getting better, Staff are amazing and can not do enough to help. I sometimes go for the £7 lunch menu but we just went for my birthday, Best present I had. Thanks Food restaurant . They try really hard and it shows as they are always busy.

2  Thank Michef
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited 16th March (evening) The waitress was rude when told the food had been microwaved by shouting across the room are you happy now with your replaced food. The manager did not want to take anything off the bill when told of my spoilt birthday meal due to the poor food quality and rude waitress. Don't be fooled this restaurant is no better than the vast amount of processed food restaurants in the centre of Worthing.
Will i be back. No ! but then again don't think the next time i'm in the area they will still be open without management kicking some of their staff up the butt.

7  Thank 1970Reviewer