“Disappointing”
Review of Mahaan

Mahaan
Ranked #57 of 363 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ive eaten here a few times and have always been impressed by the food served here. Particularly I like their chicken masala on the bone. However on this occasion apart from the meal taking 1hr 30 mins to be delivered when we were originally told 40mins I concur with the others views here that the meal was lacking in seasoning and spice. Not necessarily heat spice just aromatics in general. Never had a bland curry before but did this time. Really disappointing

There are newer reviews for Mahaan

Reviewed July 23, 2013

A decent curry place, and everything was served very quickly, and tasted very fresh, but unsure if they thought we might be a bit wimpy, but there was a general lack of spice...particularly in my partner's Rougan, which didn't have any form of pep at all, which was a shame

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went here on a Sunday eve, and was very disappointed,we were a family group of 7 including 2 children, the restaurant was quite empty as it was only 7.30 but we were seated next to large noisy group of young lads who had obviously been on the beer most of the afternoon! the starters were ok, but the mains were terrible, they came out with a skin on the top, so that had obviously been kept warm, they were all bland and tasteless and one of the waiters kept walking up and down behind us the whole time to look out of the window in which we were seated. Would not recommend even the 9 year old said the curry tasted of nothing!Maybe Sunday is a bad day to go.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I used to order food from the Mahaan at least once a month, but this is the first time I'd been back since I moved back to Worthing, and the quailty of food has not changed a bit. The portion sizes are great and the food is so tasty. I went with by boyfriends family and we all have very different tates in food, and none of us were dissapointed. It was fairly quiet in there due to it being a Wednesday but that just meant the staff were extra attentive. It's a little bit more expensive then I would normally go for these days, but you really get what you pay for. Loved every bite of my meal.

3  Thank JessiStorm
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Not disappointed, have not been to the Mahaan for a number of years. Went with my son on his stag night, together with his future father in law, another son and friends - six in total. Did not book in advance, only had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Food was vey nice, well presented by very polite staff. King Prawn Bhuna was my dish, served with rice - certainly enough to eat.
I would recomend this restaruant to anyone, you will not be disapppinted.

3  Thank MikeandRose_12