The Beauty Island Sanctuary
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Private couples Spa treat was a total delight

Reviewed July 30, 2019

from $18.90
from $40.70
from $15.10
More Info
All reviews couples spa spa area lovely spa massage and facial full body hot tub hydrotherapy pool spa experience foot bath birthday treat bouquet of flowers relaxing environment spa afternoon exclusive use romantic escape pressure points glass of prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019

My partner bought me a private couples spa afternoon here and we had such a wonderful time. We had 2 hours of treatments, a full body massage each, then a foot massage and indian head for him and a facial for me. We got to choose our own oils depending on what we wanted out of it. We were in the same room for our massages, which was lovely. The ladies were amazing. Rose did my massage and she was incredible. Honestly, one of the best massages I have ever had. She managed to combine relaxation with getting out some knots and seemed to know instinctively where I was tight. She got in my pressure points, worked my ITB etc all the while checking the pressure.

We then went into the spa area for the hot tub, sauna and shower. We had the whole place to ourselves and were brought some prosecco too! They closed at 5, but as we were a bit late starting, they allowed us to stay (we didnt even ask) and didnt feel rushed at all.

We were floating on the way out!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 28, 2019

I was treated to a spa afternoon tea by my friends for my 50th birthday and had a fantastic time. The food was delicious, the whole place is very clean and well maintained. The jacuzzi is wonderful, with a sauna too, plus lovely comfortable loungers to relax on. The staff are available if you need them, but do not crowd you. To make it even more special, you have exclusive use of the spa area, which makes the experience feel very luxurious. My friends and I would happily recommend The Beauty Island and are already planing our next trip!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Daughter no.1 had treated me to this day as a birthday gift, along with herself and daughter no.2.
We are unfamiliar with the area and could not find anywhere to park as the nearest car park was undergoing building works. After calling in to the spa they directed us to a road with no parking restrictions.
On arrival, they assured us we would get our full allocated time in the spa, although we were a little late. We were asked to smell the massage oils available to select our favourite, I’ve never been given this choice anywhere else before.
We were then shown around the facilities and given robes, slippers and a towel to use in the spa. Once we had changed we were shown to the spa area, our afternoon tea was set out, waiting for us and the spa was for our exclusive use.
The afternoon tea was good, sandwiches, scones and cream and carrot and chocolate fudge cake. A glass of Prosecco was included. We then spent the next couple of hours relaxing on the loungers or going in the jacuzzi and sauna. There are 6 loungers in the spa area so would be ideal for a small group.
We were then taken in for our massages. On making our booking, there had only been availability for two of us to have massages at the same time and then the other after. Due to our late arrival, they had managed to tweak appointments so that we could all have our massages at the same time, which was perfect. Two of us had ours side by side and the other in another treatment room. I have had many massages, in beauty rooms, spas and hotels and can honestly say this was the best I’ve ever had. All of the information taken in advance about which areas to concentrate on or avoid, pressure preferred etc were acted upon. It was both relaxing and I felt reinvigorated afterwards. Both daughters felt exactly the same.
Every member of staff we met was helpful and very sweet and kind. It was a lovely, relaxing day, spent together with my darling daughters.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

This was honestly the best massage I have ever had and I’ve had a lot over the years, by various therapist but this was truly so much better than any previous experience. I am impressed with the salon itself and the facilities. I would highly recommend this therapist, Dimitra, was friendly, professional and above all a fabulous masseuse. I shall definitely return again. Thank you!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Have just visited The Beauty Island Sanctuary for my friends hen do. There was 5 of us.

I booked the afternoon tea package back in January and at the time I had a long conversation with the receptionist that it’s for a hen do and she said they do a special 15 min massage for hens which is included in the price. Today we were told this is not included and wasn’t possible as the spa was to busy. Which I get but was a little disappointing. Afternoon tea was lovely couldn’t fault it and the spa facility’s are fantastic.

Although you get 2 hours in the spa this includes your getting changed time your treatment and also your shower time which I didn’t think was explained correctly too me when i booked. I get it’s a money making process as to try and squeeze as many people in one after the other but you are rushed like you wouldn’t believe. It works out you only get a hour to eat afternoon tea and use the spa.

We made great use of the jacuzzi and then came back to the food. Whilst half way through eating a slice of cake I was called for my treatment after my treatment I went back to the what I was thinking was the cake I first started but all had been cleared away and I was told I had to get changed and leave as there was another group coming. My other friends where in there treatments and there phones and stuff where on the table and the lady was adamant we couldn’t come back to this area and had to leave (she was polite about it). But after a lovely time there this did put a dampener on it.

The facial I received was very very good but the two therapist that we had where very young and there people skills where shocking. One came out to me and said have you got your friends locker key as she needs to get her stuff out to which I replied the lady who cleared the area we were in took it to give to you once she had finished her facial, she huffed and walked off. It was like we were a inconvenience too her. There was no hello I’m so so and I’ll be doing your treatment today it was almost like get in and let me complete this facial so I can go home.

Taking into account the above we still had a lovely time just wish what was sold to me was what we received (it was a lot of money) as it does feel like they want your money and want you out.

I would still return as the spa is great.

Date of experience: April 2019