“Simply the Best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Benson's Guest House
Ranked #13 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2012

For the past 5 years myself , my partner & our little dog have been visiting Brighton, Hove, Shoreham & Worthing every few months to see friends & family & have stayed in various pet friendly Hotels & B&Bs.
I always check Trip Advisor before booking & on numerous occasions have found that our experience bears no comparison to the reviews that previous customers have given. In fact some B&Bs we`ve stayed in should seriously consider changing their names to kennels they are so dirty & scruffy.
Therefore I am delighted to report that Bensons lives up to its reviews & more. Absolutely fantastic !!
It`s by far the best accomodation we have had on every level . I can`t think of anything that could be improved on . The room was lovely , spotlessly clean & high quality furnishings . The breakfast was fabulous . The location perfect , it literally is a stones throw from the beach . The extra welcoming touches , fresh flowers , chocolates , fruit bowl , wine etc.etc. Wonderful!
And to round it all off , you couldn`t meet two nicer more hospitable people than Chrissy & Wendy.
Well done & thankyou so much for a brilliant stay , long may your business continue to thrive , it is wholeheartedly deserved with all the effort & love you both put into it.
I have already deleted all alternative B&Bs off my list for future visits.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Amber Room with its lovely large 4 poster bed .The room is at the back of the build...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suejimandjaz
bensonstheguesthouse, Manager at Benson's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

The dog was a very well behaved dog and the owners respected the fact that we have a house cat. The situation worked very well on this occassion and we are delighted that the guests were happy with the arrangements.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We decided to pay extra to stop at Bensons and it was worth it! We stayed in the Coronet room and it was spotlessly clean. We stayed with our 7 month old son and both women were very helpful and let us leave the pram in the dining room so we didn't have to keep collapsing it and taking it to the car. Breakfast was great with a lovely selection. Couldn't have asked for more. Would definately stop again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I often stay down in Worthing on business in the week and I won't be staying anywhere else other than Bensons from now on. This place is a little pricier than other B&B's on the front but the hospitality, cleanliness and the many little 'extras' make it more than worth it. My room was very large and clean, with lots of toilettries in the bathroom, free fruit, fresh milk in the fridge for tea and coffee, chocolates on my pillow, plenty of fluffy towels. I was really impressed by the service of Chrissy who went out of her way to make sure I had all the information and everything I needed for my stay. Don't look elsewhere in worthing for this price bracket...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank emmajake
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We chose to stay at Bensons for my birthday two years in a row. We stayed in The French Room and in The Coronet Room. Both were superb. The French Room was exquisite – gorgeous décor with a full view of the sea. We were stunned when we saw it! The Coronet Room was just beautiful, with a lovely garden view overlooking part of the South Downs…not to mention some of Millie’s cat rivals! We loved watching them from our comfy chairs, while drinking one of the many beverages so generously supplied by owners Chrissy and Wendy. We found the Guesthouse to be very tasteful and homey, and both ladies marvellous hosts. Breakfast was incredible – there is nothing they wouldn’t make for you. The fridges in the rooms were stuffed with goodies, far more than we had ever seen or expected. Chrissy and Wendy themselves were warm, courteous, accommodating and great fun, and Millie discreet, cute and gorgeous. Staying in was therefore as enjoyable as going out! The large town centre is only five to ten minutes away, and the beach is directly across the street. There is always a new restaurant nearby to try, as well as a lovely selection of pubs. So everyone should be kept happy.
Being treated to room decorations, cards, gifts and balloons on my birthday was a true joy, our hosts even singing to me and sharing the birthday cake!
Our experiences at Bensons Guesthouse have been amazing. We were treated wonderfully, and definitely plan to return. We therefore recommend it thoroughly, not only for its loveliness, but for Chrissy and Wendy, who are clearly so much more than exemplary hosts.

Susi & Radhika Lingham

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

just back from bensons,spent a few days there while visiting south coast,nice little touches in room like bowl of fresh fruit,tea and coffee,biscuits all complimentre,lovely cooked breakfast.we stayed in the french room over looking beach.comfortable,clean.recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank johnnyhonda
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at Benson's Guest House recently. We were so well looked after from the moment we arrived. We were made to feel so welcome and at home, we felt very at ease being there.

The attention to detail is something special. The food and drink were always hot, served on hot plates and beautifully presented. I particularly enjoyed the fact that my beans were served in a separate pot as part of the cooked breakfast so not to interfere with my egg. This is just one example of the type of special touches provided. Obviously lots of thought and effort is put into making your stay a special one. The room was wonderful clean and again lots of thought and effort is put into making it 'just so'.

I cannot recommend it highly enough. A big thank you to Chrissie and Wendy, perfect hosts.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have just arrived home having spent a few days at Benson's for our anniversary.
We stayed in The Amber Room which had a most comfortable four poster bed and large bathroom.Extras such a water and drinks in the fridge and a bowl of fruit in the room just made that little difference to what you normally get and expect.
There was a very comprehensive choice at breakfast which left you set up for the day and nothing was too much trouble to make your stay the memorable.Benson's is one of the best Guest Houses we have stayed in and we will return.

Room Tip: The Amber room is great for a romantic stay
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple