“Very good carvery”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Bring my family here, always friendly and good service, young grandson treated very well with high chairs and extra plate for him to share our dinner, re-fillable soft drinks good value, can get busy at weekends that's to be expected.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We haven't been to a Toby for a while, however a spur of the moment decision led us to our local one. Prices have crept up again, even with the voucher offer. Drink prices are average however. The service was slow, mainly because there wasn't enough staff to cope with demand. It took some time for us to order with the server after being sat down. On arrival at the carvery, again this took time, as a number of the items were being changed over by the only server.
The food quality and portions were good, however there are better places out there in Worthing for a similar price and offer a much better eating experience.

3  Thank Superhoop68
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Hard to tell whether lamb or beef! Dried up Turkey kept warm for hours and overcooked soggy veg! A Worthing pensioners delight!

5  Thank DavidAmexGold
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My Mum and I went here today and it was terrific - super attentive staff, lovely meal (one lady did complain about the rather flat Yorkies but it made no difference to me!) and all together, a very easy and pleasant experience for lunch after a morning's shopping in Shoreham. I will definitely be going back there when in the area - but then I have never had a bad meal at a Toby. I think you can't beat it - especially as I had a voucher from the internet and for £5 a meal, it was really great!

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stuck in traffic on the A27, I needed a stop and happened to see The Downlands and parking space. It was quiet & the young lady at the counter very pleasant. Breakfast & a tea cost £4.49 which I think is good - they do Fried Bread & the sausages are very tasty. Wish I'd spotted the challenge of the 'Beast' begore I'd ordered, might have tried it!