“If you like lamb cooked over charcoal go here.”
Review of Efes

Efes
Ranked #2 of 359 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great authentic Turkish food at very reasonable prices, combined with friendly and efficient service.
Brighton
“If you like lamb cooked over charcoal go here.”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Wanted to try this place as is just round the corner from our new house and I'd seen good reviews on here, safe to say we were not disappointed. Good tasting dips for starters with homemade Turkish bread. The lamb for main course was some of the best I've ever had, so moist and juicy. Will definitely be visiting again.

Update - Visited for the very good value lunch menu. £8 for Turkish bread and olives followed by a few choices from the main menu and a beer. I had the excellent lamb again and it was as good as last time. Only downside was a bit of cheeky upselling. I asked for a beer with my meal (think there was a wine and soft drink option) and was pleasantly surprised when a pint of tasty Efes was brought out. I was thinking that a pint was included in the lunch menu and regarded the menu as even better value. However when the bill came £1 had been added to my bill for the beer. Presumably the beer included in the price was a bottle. I know £1 is not much but would have liked to have been informed.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank BrightonBuzzman

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited this excellent Turkish restaurant last night with my partner and we were both very impressed, ordered Whitebait for starters and Beyti Kebab for main. Both were very yummy. Efes lager was served on draught. Will return very soon.

2 Thank Lukemaxcorsa
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Have they changed waiters?”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just have to say, I've been eating here for about 18 months. Always amazing food. But have they changed the waiters? We used to have a lovely placid man. Very attentive and soft. We now have a cocky young dude who judges how much wine you drink? The new waitress looks terrified too, Is it just me?

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank HoveWine
Leicester
“Yum yum”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Family of 5 enjoyed our food the service was great. My nine year old son was really impressed and the staff looked after us despite our changing our minds and going for the meze starters. We have holidayed in Turkey and found the food true to what you get in Turkey. Worth a visit!

2 Thank Dominicarchie
London, United Kingdom
“not great”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Food average, probably heated up, but starters were fine. Service good and gave us a free cup of Turkish tea.

Visited July 2014