“Top quality Turkish food”
Review of Efes

Efes
Ranked #2 of 356 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great authentic Turkish food at very reasonable prices, combined with friendly and efficient service.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Top quality Turkish food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just had a great meal in this excellent restaurant. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The meal starts with a lovely Turkish flatbread served with a spicy salsa, a mint yoghurt dip and some black olives. They even replenished the dips when we finished the first one!

For starters we had the hot mixed meze. Mmmmmm. Spicy Turkish sausage, fried haloumi, calamari rings and cheese pies. All freshly prepared and very more-ish.

Mains were kebabs which are all served with wheat rice, an unusual onion salad, and various dips. A word of caution- the portion size is very generous. I love my food and I couldn't finish the various salads or the rice. Definitely doggie bag terrority.

The wine is reasonably priced, about £9 for the house. I would recommend spending a couple of quid more and going for the Turkish wine ( Villa Doluca).

All in all, an excellent night out.

Last thing, we visited on a Saturday evening and luckily we had booked a table in advance. Almost all of the tables were already showing " Reserved" signs. By the time we left the place was rammed.

• Visited October 2013

West Sussex
“Splendid.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just wonderful you have to go there to experience the wonderful taste of turkish food and the welcoming staff and homy atmosphere!

• Visited October 2013
“Sidestreet Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Popped to this Turkish eatery on the recommendation from my partners work colleague. Although we were the only ones there at 12.30 Sunday lunchtime we were warmly welcomed and seated . The decor in this establishment is very authentic and the place has a freshness to it.
They have a set lunchtime menu which is fantastic value and includes a main and a drink. We went with the hot meze starter which was sumptuous and also given olives and bread. I choose the Lamb Guvec as my main and my partner had the halep kebab . Both came a very nice salad and my Guvec also came with rice. They were both piping hot, fresh and delicious!

We were then given a complimentary tea and a piece of Turkish delight.
Good value, nice decor, great food. Don't be put off by the location. This place is a middle Eastern gem.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Another lovely meal by amazing people. I don't think I will be able to explain how happy I was with their service and food. Definitely going back again.

• Visited September 2013
“A great change to the 'norm'”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Absolutely wonderful starter followed by the mixed kebab main. Both were so tasty and very reasonably priced. I will certainly be visiting again soon.