Tripadvisor

Munch Coffee Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 427 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Independent coffee house offering locally sourced products freshly cooked to order. Family run business with space for families, pushchairs and groups. We also have a spacious first floor for those who want to squirrel themselves a way in a quiet corner.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lucky find whilst visiting Worthing.
Welcoming, friendly, atmosphere.
Staff offered great service with a personal approach.
Food was of good quality and cooked beautifully.
Would recommend to everyone as well worth a visit!

Date of visit: January 2020
MunchCafeWorthing, Owner at Munch Coffee Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your awesome review, our yard stick is genuine customer service with food and drinks to match. We are everything about the personal, galavanting off piste with the menu to ensuring children’s food is brought out sooner if required. So thank s for the thumbs up, see you next time.

Write a reviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having met a friend we decided on an impromptu brunch/lunch today and am sooo glad we choose Munch. The warm welcome we received from the two ladies working was lovely as so many places don’t even bother. My friend is badly dairy intolerant and vegan but this didn’t cause any issues - she said the vegan hot chocolate with almond milk was the best ever (and believe you me - that is a massive is a compliment coming from her). I had the eggs benedict with runny yolks and a side of smashed avocado- to die for! My friend wasn’t up for a full meal but opted for a jacket potato with chargrilled vegetables and avocado which she loved. All in all this place is an amazing find and will be back as often as possible- many thanks to you all.
Ps they are also extremely dog friendly- they even have dog sausage and chicken on the menu for your furry friends!!

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you for your review, we are not perfect but work very hard to offer the best service with food and drink to match. The need for allergen management is critical, for some life threatening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Do not trust this cafe when ordering Gluten Free! I was Gluten poisoned and owner refused apology, was downright rude, denied liability. I am 15 yrs coeliac sufferer and within 1hr I know when Gluten has been digested. All I wanted was acceptance they made a mistake but alas nothing was forthcoming.

5  Thank JackieJ466

It is difficult to know how to best respond to this review. We take full responsibility for our actions and welfare of our customers, its critical for any business. Allergen management is a particular personal issue as one of the owners is dairy allergic, so it is akin to pushing on an open door with us.
Not withstanding we have achieved a 5 hygiene rating from the outset of our business 8-years ago; demonstrating we really do walk the walk.
You returned a couple of days later, very irate and singularly focused on receiving an apology for our wrong doing. We are by far from perfect but cannot accept responsibility where we have not caused any. Sadly your insistence only exacerbated your fury and then it was a case of who was going to blink first.
We take our allergen management 100% seriously and with care; part of our reputation today is based on that. I am sorry you felt it was our establishment that fed you gluten.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Very upset as asked if I could charge phone to be very loudly barked at in front of many ranting at me about insurance !!! Would not ask had charger myself ... ref insurace ? Total crap evetywhere can .. more the rude manner upset us will never step in again

4  Thank BrightonBeas

It is difficult to know how best to respond to this, our reputation of professionalism and empathy for our customers proceeded us.
If a person looked at the reviews you left, it may be be possible to see a pattern. To that end we respect your decision not to visit us again.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Had brunch here with my parents, we all had things we enjoyed (a minor miracle in m family). More hot chocolate options than I have seen before (I had cinnamon hot chocolate, while my dad had black cherry hot chocolate). Relaxed atmosphere, and friendly staff.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thank you for your lovely review. Family activities are always a blessing in disguise!! Our hot chocolate menu pretty much sums us up, if we can we will and its always about making our customers happy. Thanks and see you next time.