“Brilliant food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chilcha - CLOSED

Chilcha
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Another curry house in Worthing that serves something a little bit different, the other one being Zaman in Warwick Street. I've had the rabbit curry in the past and I notice they also serve honey-glazed quail which, whilst I haven't tried it yet, does sound delicious.

Chilcha is nice; the food is what brings me back here as I must have visited on 3 or 4 occasions. The portion sizes are perfect (not too much, not too little) served in contemporary square bowls with nice presentation. I've always very much enjoyed the curries I've had and so have my friends and family.

However on the flip side each time I've visited the service has been very slow. On average I would say we have been kept waiting 45 minutes for our food to arrive even when the restaurant has been half full. The waiters are friendly enough but when the food doesn't come out on time that doesn't help much.

The interior is modern, colourful and cosy. Prices are reasonable. Well worth a visit but don't be surprised if you're kept waiting.

• Visited March 2013

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Something Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The menu contains plenty of dishes not found at a standard "curry house", it was really difficult to choose what to try. The food that we odered was great, full of lovely distinct flavours and very well presented. The portions were very generous so we were glad we didn't order too much! The bill was no more than we are used to paying elsewhere and we consider that we had good value for money. The Banquet Night and Party Night offers look even better value. We whole-heartedly recommend The Chilcha to anyone who likes Indian food.

• Visited August 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Not chilled at the Chilcha”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

What a fiasco! Fantastic food and good value lunchtime menu completely let down by the intransigence of the waiting staff who (pretended that they) could't understand enough English to comprehend my request or to understand my complaint when they brought me exactly what I had asked not to have. Wahid, the manager was unavailable so I had no opportunity to get my query responded to properly so ended up having what I didn't want and hadn't asked for and not being made to feel that I couldn't leave without paying for what was brought but I hadn't ordered. Don't get me wrong, if you want good quality Indian food at what seems to be a reasonable cost, in a restaurant where any query apart from pointing to an item on the menu so the waiter can see what he thinks you want and can't respond to anything else, is ok, then this is the place for you, but it's definitely not for me.

I will not be returning, and can't remember the last time I had been so disappointed in any restaurant anywhere.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank reggierenault
Calpe, Spain
“Superb vegetarian indian meal in Sussex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My step father and I drove from Steyning to Worthing to try Chilcha after reading reviews on Trip advisor and we were not disappointed. In fact, we returned on my birthday 6 days later to try other vegetarian selections in this modern, stylish gem in Worthing. Wahid and his staff could not be more helpful and attentive making the whole experience very pleasurable! From the special salsas for the starters to the creative dishes of the main courses it is faultless. Fresh ginger, corriander and lime all enhance a myriad of flavours. The main dishes showed imagination and a clear knowledge on how to blend spices and the okra, aubergine and spinach choice makes my mouth water even thinking about it. Just a shame we live in Spain as we would be a regular customers

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Really impressed with the food here, everything was hot, fresh and very tasty. The waiters were attentive without being overbearing and the decor is clean and modern. Would definitely give this place a try if you're in Worthing and fancy a curry.

• Visited June 2013