“Great breakfast”

Istanbul Cafe
Ranked #64 of 356 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Ayla's Little Istanbul Cafe is a small, friendly, 5 star food hygiene rated eatery serving quality food at a great price. We pride ourselves on outstanding service, value for money and making all our customers feel at home. Why not pop in for the best English breakfast in town, or try one of our Turkish specialities such as home made kofte meatballs or tasty lamb and chicken shish. Or if you're in a hurry, enjoy our quality local coffee and a sandwich or snack to take away.We hope to see you soon.Ayla and the team.
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have recently twice had breakfast at the Istanbul Cafe, and really enjoyed it. A huge amount of choice, well-cooked, good quality (eg nice thick-cut bacon and sausages that taste like sausages, not cereal, as you often get), pretty decent coffee and very friendly staff - and all at extremely good value. The cafe is about 100 yards back from the beach and you can sit inside or outside at tables surrounded by plants. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank westminster2

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Nice little place”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and good value, it's never going to win any prizes but it does serve reasonbly good food at very reasonable prices

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Outwood, Surrey
“Brilliant food, friendly people, ridiculously low prices!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We're staying in Worthing for the summer, and have eaten here a few times now, breakfast and lunch. Can't fault it. On a Saturday morning share the place with the brickies and plasterers. On a Sunday morning - all sorts! Never boring, always good food, and, as the title says, can't believe they do it at these prices. Choose a sunny day and you can even sit outside and watch Worthing life go by. Enjoy ......

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jen_and_Wavey_Davey
Worthing, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cafe in Worthing”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I visited Istanbul Café last Saturday after a recommendation from my work colleague who had been raving about the English breakfasts at this café. I had the Builders Breakfast which was absolutely massive and so tasty (all the breakfast items you would expect, and more, plus a large mug of good quality coffee and toast comes free!!). It was not full of grease like you get in most cafes nowadays.

I was so impressed I returned the following day for lunch with my partner and we had the Chicken Shish with homemade rice and salad, all washed down with a cold bottle of Turkish beer!

Overall, the food and service was great, really friendly staff, great value for money and a lovely little outside area for alfresco dining.

Now I know what my colleague was raving about…. Highlight recommended!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nick J
Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
“Super!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I used the Istanbul Cafe for breakfast two mornings running. I had read the TA reviews and because I generally dislike hotel breakfasts with a vengeance, it was really nice to find such a gem!

It would have been nice to see a few more "traditional" Turkish dishes on the menu - they can do amazing things with eggs and feta cheese - but the "special" was delicious and the fry-up I had on the second morning was just what the doctor ordered the morning after a friend's birthday party.

Excellent., give it a try!

Visited July 2013