“Not Flexible”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Not Flexible”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We attended lunchtime today, a party of 4. We asked to sit in the window on a round table as it was a nice sunny day, but was told we couldn't as it was a table for 8. The restaurant was not that busy. We selected another table and sat down. After a while the waiter took our order, we said we didn't want starters. 3 of my party ordered pizza, and I decided to select Scallops from the special menu. The waiter said that was a starter, so I asked if I could have it as a main course and he said no!!!! So I had a pizza. The food was good, although the pizza base was slightly burnt underneath which was a shame. Reasonably priced I feel, but the meal ruined by the waiters attitude.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sam H

“do not ever bother”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We got sat at our table which was right next to the toilets which is all you could smell which was great when your eating you food. We ordered starters and main, my start was gralic bread with cheese and it was burnt, my main was a pizza which I could not eat the whole thing so I asked for it to be boxed up so I could have later. The very grumpy waiter could not figure put how to pick up my plate without touching my food. I asked for the manager to come over, I raised my issues with the manager and the other issues that the rest of the guests had and he could not be bothered and told me that the restaurant was busy what could he do. Sorry I have worked in restaurants for years and that was not on. We were given dessert menus which were take off us with put time to look. I did have my food taken off the bill. I would say go to McDonald's as you know what your getting and much better service.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank charmedrose17
United Kingdom
“Good food and attentive service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Was a bit unsure after having read the mixed reviews but visited to celebrate my wife's and sister in laws birthday. Went on a Sunday lunchtime and spent a very pleasant lunch / early afternoon.The food was good the service attentive with a good selection on the menu predominately pastas and pizza but with some unusual combinations. The restaurant occupies a good position right on the beachfront in Worthing and is ideally situated for afternoon walks on the beach.

Visited December 2013
“drunk waiter”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

we've been at Brio last monday for a dinner, very disappointed, we was served for a waiter that we could easily notice was drunk . It will be my last

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank calos e
“Party Spoiled”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Visited Brio for work Christmas Party. We were not requested to pre-select from set menu but as
a courtesy we did so. Had booked for eleven but due to illness two colleagues were unable to
attend. When we arrived I told the Manager this was the case and he immediately said too short
notice we would still have to pay full amount for eleven in a very brusque unfriendly manner.
After being seated I had further words with him and he finally agreed to pass the balance but we
would lose deposits which we expected. Most of us did enjoy our meals but three colleagues had to return their meals very cold and tough meat. One meal was done three times!
This was not a pleasant experience and we were all very disappointed. It was my first visit and will be my last!

• Visited December 2013