“Pleasant experience!”

Zaman
Ranked #89 of 363 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=zaman+worthing&layer=c&z=17&iwloc=A&sll=50.811982,-0.368179&cid=6634897728826022384&cbp=13,280.4,0,0,0&cbll=50.811906,-0.367529&hl=en&gl=uk&ved=0CDcQ2wU&ei=40SvTe3IFsSL8APQr8TTBg&vps=1&num=10&iwstate1=actions
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice modern restaurant with a warm feel and welcome. A varied menu and good portions all add up to a very decent curry house. You cant go wrong with this place if your looking for a decent meal at a reasonable price.

There are newer reviews for Zaman

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Simply, I was very impressed with all of the food provided to us. As was the rest of our party. The meat was nice and juicy, and sauces flavoursome. I can certainly recommend the place. The service was very good too.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Having travelled nationally with business my aim is to try a Shami Kebab and Vindaloo in every city/town. I have tried two restaurants in Worthing previously but honestly nothing comes close to the Emperor's Banquet for £14.95 at Zaman. Starting with Poppadom and Pickle, followed by Shami Kebab plus 3 sources, next my Chicken Vindaloo (not the hottest iv'e had) with side dish of Bombay Potatoes, Vegetable Rice and Garlic Nan. There was far too much to handle, so a doggy bag was had to take back to Stoke and finished off at the weekend, can't wait to return.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. Best curry in Worthing. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Open very late as well.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Zaman has some rather unusual dishes on the menu alongside the regular, standard recipes you find in all curry houses. For example one of my favourites is the "Haryali Chicken Massalla" - it's flavoured with Spinach and is a real delight. There's also a delicious curry flavoured with lemon although I'm afraid the name escapes me.

The food has never disappointed me and I've eaten here with different people at different times sampling different dishes.

The decor is modern and pleasant enough although the lighting is rather moody. Comfortable seating though and there are separate booths so you've always got plenty of space.

The only thing stopping me from giving this place a 5/5 is the staff. On the whole they're not bad, don't get me wrong, but there is one man in particular (I believe he's the manager) who doesn't have particularly good customer service skills and can slightly taint what should be a perfect meal out with mates or family. One time, when my friends and I had finished our mains, he came over to ask whether we would like dessert. We were all stuffed and politely declined, to which he physically sighed, snatched the menus from off the table and walked off without saying a word! We still laugh about it now! On another occasion we asked for the bill and were completely forgotten about, despite the fact we were sitting directly opposite the bar where he was hanging about, not doing much.

Apart from the odd manager this place serves the best curries I've ever had. Very tasty.