High Beach Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$103
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmilk and sugartoastsea viewcooked breakfastoff roadsingle roomstayed longerweekend breaktea coffeebed was very comfortablewould stay here againa lovely stayother guestsone night staysarahguesthousebrighton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

High Beach guest house has the feel of a traditional seaside guest house, as well as being lovely and modern. It is very reasonable...my room was £30 a night and that included a sea view and breakfast. The room was cosy and had its own wash basin and there was a TV above the bed. The guest house is very clean and comfortable. It is directly on the sea front, so you only have to cross the road to get to the beach. The dining room is sunny and cosy and the breakfast was large and delicious. A very good place to stay :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Excellent friendly service. I stayed for five nights in Feb and five nights in April whilst on a course at Arundel. The rooms were clean and the breakfasts were brilliant. Value for money is unrivalled. Definitely call again.
John

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We found the High Beach Guest House accommodation to be warm, the beds comfortable and everything clean. The cooked breakfast was hot and well presented and all the staff very friendly.

Our bay window had a lovely sea view, however the furniture layout of the room was very awkward The wardrobe was situated so close to the foot of the bed that the doors could not be fully opened. Maybe this could be replaced with a unit with sliding doors? More annoying was the poor plumbing. The handle of the WC cistern was loose making it very difficult to flush the loo. This was reported to the owner on the first morning. The hot tap water flow was slow and never reached a high temperature.

Apart from the above concerns about the room, everything else was fine. At breakfast the addition of yogurts, fruit such as tinned grapefruit or prunes and a choice of juice would have made it even better.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and we would recommend it to others looking for a quiet location yet convenient for the town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at this lovely B&B (would have stayed longer but they were fully booked!)

I was greeted by a lovely man who gave me directions to park the car securely around the back of the house (there are three spaces available on a first come, first served basis). This saved me alot of money in parking fees. The house is right by the sea as advertised, and even though it was very chilly in late February, the house was lovely and warm. On arrival the room was spotless and housekeeping came during our breakfast, so that when we went back to the room everything was sparkling clean again, bins emptied etc :)

The room we booked was a twin en suite on the ground floor facing the garden. It was a lovely size with very comfortable beds. Also plenty of plug sockets which were very useful.

The toilet is separate from the shower in the bedroom in a little room on its own and the shower is off to the left side of the room (not fully enclosed). Found this a bit strange first of all but it suited us very well and it was private enough :) The towels were spotless, changed every day and the shower very clean.

The breakfast was good, sausages and mushrooms could be improved but the poached eggs, bacon, toast and coffee were lovely! The lovely man doing breakfast was a gentleman and was very helpful throughout our stay, attentive but not over bearing in any way. We both felt very safe staying there as young women.

Please be aware that the ground floor room is next door to the small dining room, which wasn't a problem for us at all but may be for others who would like a bit more peace and quiet in the mornings from 7.30am (we were up early every day so didn't affect us).

The B&B internet connection is also excellent (I was away on business so this was very important to me) and the free view channels on TV offered great choice. The tea tray and kettle were very handy and very clean. I liked the sink and worktop in the room with the cupboard underneath also to store our food, that was very useful.

The B&B is less than a mile from the basic shops (all level ground) and we often walked here easily. It would be lovely in the summer by the sea without being in the centre of Brighton. There is a bus stop a couple of doors down and the bus's leave every 10 minutes on most days to get into Brighton. Its roughly a half hour bus ride to Brighton.

Highly recommended!

I will definitely be back in the summer, fingers crossed :)

Best wishes, Helen x

Room Tip: 1) The ground floor twin en suite room is next door to the dining room, which wasn't a problem for us as I was up early for business but may be a problem for those who would like a lie in as breakfast is served from 7.30am :) 2) Arrive early if you can near the check in time so you can park the car easily and possibly get one of the treasured spaces around the back! :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

stayed at the High Beach. Many +ves including great full english breakfast, sea views, very clean and well maintained, warm ( snow outside), staff very freindly & helpful, plenty of free parking in the local roadsand only 10 mins walk into Worthing centre.All for £30 on a weekday.

The only probelm I had was the guest in the room next door snored all night big time. I did not sleep a wink. I had plenty of time as I lay there exhausted to try and work out whether it was something about the hotel ( i.e. thin walls) or nothing that would not be a similar issue in another B&B or hotel. After 6 hours of no sleep I concluded I did not know so I suggest you try this place and draw your own conclusion.

Room Tip: all rooms shoudl be ok , not preference.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo