“ideal .... exept for one point”

High Beach Guest House
Ranked #21 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2013

stayed at the High Beach. Many +ves including great full english breakfast, sea views, very clean and well maintained, warm ( snow outside), staff very freindly & helpful, plenty of free parking in the local roadsand only 10 mins walk into Worthing centre.All for £30 on a weekday.

The only probelm I had was the guest in the room next door snored all night big time. I did not sleep a wink. I had plenty of time as I lay there exhausted to try and work out whether it was something about the hotel ( i.e. thin walls) or nothing that would not be a similar issue in another B&B or hotel. After 6 hours of no sleep I concluded I did not know so I suggest you try this place and draw your own conclusion.

Room Tip: all rooms shoudl be ok , not preference.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin D
There are newer reviews for High Beach Guest House

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I booked a single room, as cheap as I could for one night. I had the warmest welcome I have ever received! Sarah the proprietor even gave me a slice of homemade cake to go with my tea as she had just baked it for christmas. As a single girl travelling on my own for work it can be hard but I immediately felt at home. My room was immaculately clean and comfortable and had everything I needed. The house was decorated outside for christmas with lots of lights which was lovely at this festive time. Thank you to Sarah who looked after me :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband was booked into this B & B by his employers while he was working in the area. My short visit was purely for leisure! For those wanting to visit Brighton, Arundel, Chichester to name but a few this is an excellent guesthouse to be based in, particularly if you dont want the crowds, nightlife and extortionate prices charged in similar hotels a few miles along the coast. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable and provide everything you need for a relaxing stay. Breakfast is plentifull and tasty and served at the time you request it on the pre-order form. Off road parking is a bonus and although the hotel is located on a very busy road, It did not affect my ability to sleep soundly!. As my husband works nights the housekeeper always serviced the room whilst we were at breakfast and when I wasnt staying, they made sure the room was refreshed in the evening when he went to work which was much appreciated. The hotel is a lovely old victorian building which retains many original features whilst managing to provide up-to-date shower rooms and en-suites...again, all kept exceptionally clean. Very pleasant, friendly hosts, who genuinely care that you enjoy your stay, made a short break in Worthing a very pleasant experience and we would recommend this guest house to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Room 3 is located on the side of hotel, so slightly shielded from the main road but still has lovely...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We found this hotel very comfortable and friendly.

The service was excellent. The staff were very attentive, engaging and seemed to know and remember everyone.

Cooked breakfast in the morning was tasty and grilled, so healthy too! Plenty of cereals were available for anyone who wanted them. The room had shower, WC, TV and teas and snacks. It also had a decent sea view.

We parked in the quiet street directly next to the hotel. We went for a night out in Brighton and took a cab that cost £22. It's a fair drive, but when you consider the cost and comfort of the place, as well as being able to book only one night (instead of two as most places in Brighton insist) then it is well worth it. I can see from the other reviews that there is a pretty cheap night bus you can take to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Friendly owner, great location opposite of the beach. Pittoresc view of coloured boats and fish selling fisherman. Room with sideview to the sea. Nice decorated, fine bathroom with a good shower. Ok bed, a little soft. Great English breakfast. Bus stop in front of the door, easy acces to Brighton.
Excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank P K
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Was clean and comfy - It wasn't modern and very dated decor which meant nothing to us and we were just sleeping there - good on site parking.

We stayed there because we were doing a night out in brighton night bus was like £5.00 each so no problems there.

Didn't get to sample breakfast because we were too hungover and missed it!!

The owners were really nice!

£60.00 on a saturday night and we booked last minute too! Very pleased with price wasn't quoted anything under £120.00 for the night in Brighton.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

While the guest house was fairly clean and the room was reasonably comfy I was somewhat disappointed with not being able to check in when I wanted to. I spent over an hour trying to ring to say I was checking in but no one answered, on arrival at the guest house there was no answer at the door so we went into town for a bit, when I finally got hold of someone I told them I would be with them in 20. Minutes (which i was) only to find the door still locked and no answer on the phone. We waited in the cold wind outside for about 15 minutes until a resident let's in, a further 25 minutes later after numerous un answered phonecalls the landlady finally answered only to be very rude towards me for being inside her conservatory-which was meant for residents!!!! There was no explanation or apology, she just had a go at us, stomped up to our room and was very abrupt when explaining breakfast and what little ammeanities they had....not impressed!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple