Chatsworth Hotel
$146
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Worthing Seafront Hotel(Worthing)(Great Value!)
$118
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel(East Preston)(Great Value!)
$89
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgames roomcoach tripcoach partiesthird floorsteyne gardenssea fronttraditional hotelsea viewwaiting staffrestaurant stafftown centrebit datedlong weekendtwin roomfour poster bedfull englishstreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2013

staff very welcoming,rooms extremely clean and well furnished.
Nothing seemed to be to much trouble for the staff.
Food excellent.

A very comfortable stay,would recommend.
From,Mrs.L.Good.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I, a party of five, booked a table at the Chatsworth for my 80th birthday. When first seated, we felt that the table was a bit too small; this turned out to be so as plates were all crammed together by the waiters, one of whom spilled a glass of wine on my daughter's special dress and over her side of the table. Instead of re-seating us, they used lots of napkins to mop up the spillage on the table and just apologised to my daughter. It became pretty obvious that the two young waiters were pretty inexperienced, but the manager did little to help the situation. Some birthday celebration!
The food wasn't anything to write home about either.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Daphne75
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Have just visited this hotel, with a local coach company for a turkey and Tinsel 5 day break, our party was only 14 , but this hotel still did its utmost to make our holiday enjoyable. My room was excellent very clean and spacious. christmas day dinner was very good with the rest of the meals also very tasty! the breakfasts were rather small but there was plenty of choice. the entertainment tried their best , dont think they ever had such small audiancesto play to! i would certainly stay here again probably in the summer when more people staying

Room Tip: room 130 overlooking park and view of sea
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank val A
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding and would probably not stay again. Certainly not until they have a revamp.

The price was quite high, there was a wedding booking discount which made it a more reasonable rate but if you were booking at the standard rate I think you would be very disappointed.

Booking in the first place was difficult. Phoning up and quoting the wedding details seemed very difficult for the staff to comprehend. I found out that many other people in the wedding part had similar difficulties in booking.

The building looks great from the outside but is not so good on the inside. The floors are uneven, some doors do not fit at all well. Generally the place looks dated. You could say qwerky if you were being kind.

Breakfast was ok. Good selection from the buffet table, average full english.

Parking is difficult in the immediate area, you can drop off outside but getting a space close by is near impossible. They have a deal with the local multistory for discounted parking but that can still add a significant amount to your stay if you are stopping for multiple days.

Best thing in my opinion was location. Close to the main town, the sea front and pier.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jimmyt7
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Such a shame that a grand old building like this has not been cared for and brought up to date. I am not suggesting you change the character or alter some of the original design features but a lick of paint, new carpets, new beds/furniture and new bathrooms would be a great leap forward into this century! I stayed here for a few nights on business, found the staff helpful and the dining area for breakfast pleasant but anything beyond that in terms of positives would be hard to find.
The noisy bus depot at the rear of the hotel is not helped with the lack of acoustic control both via the old windows and what can only be described as the thinnest hotel walls I have ever experienced. I tended to keep my socks on in my room as the carpet was in very poor condition as was the flooring in the bathroom, things didn't improve much in the hallways or the stairwells.
If I had paid out of my own pocket to stay here I would have been very dissapointed and definitely changed hotels, however from what I could see the choice in Worthing is limited and standards appear similar to those of the Chatsworth.
Shame, this place has potential to be a decent hotel once again but it seriously needs a birthday first!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business