TripAdvisor

“Unfortunately underwhelming”
Review of Pitch

Pitch
Ranked #27 of 421 Restaurants in Worthing
Description: Pitch restaurant is a contemporary mix of modern and classic British food, wines and cocktails on the South coast from MasterChef Champion Kenny Tutt. Pitch is located in the heart of Worthing town centre on the beautiful Sussex coast. It was named after Kennys family market heritage and it pays homage to the great produce in the surrounding local area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came early on Saturday evening with my girlfriend and daughter.
Positives:
The staff were all positive and polite and friendly. The service was quick and efficient and the food and drink came quickly.
The “adult” food was well presented.
The desserts were great; tasty and innovative. Even kids chocolate ice cream was exciting.
Scallops were nice
Negatives:
it’s very noisy. Needs some sound deadening. Once a few people arrived we couldn’t hear each other.
Menu choice was not very interesting and short. I understand you have to cater to your audience and this isn’t London but...
Wine list is very short but see above.
We chose scallops (see above) oysters and hake dish. Oysters fresh but had been topped up with salt water (so they’ll keep after opened early?) which meant both types just tasted of salty water even if drained. Hake beautifully presented but so little flavour.
Kids menu, she chose pasta. No discernible flavour and so dull and enormous.
So, underwhelming and disappointing when there was so much promise.

6  Thank LanceSoup
pitchrestaurant, General Manager at Pitch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi LanceSoup,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, I am really pleased to have read that the team were excellent and the service was efficient. I am disappointed to have read that you found some of the food disappointing. We take all feedback on board and I have made sure your feedback has been passed onto Kenny and kitchen team to review. Many changes have been made to our upcoming autumn/winter menu releasing on the 1st October which I really do hope you will come and try. Once again thank you for tasking the time to send us your feedback.

Warmest regards,

Tim Lucas

Write a reviewReviews (343)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having been an avid Masterchef viewer we were delighted that Kenny opened a restaurant within 45mins drive. I took my partner as a surprise birthday meal.
Not only were the staff clearly briefed about the celebration but also why I had selected the restaurant.
Staff were attentive and if anything a little too fast to serve. We could have easily asked for a break so not an issue.
The food was excellent...the scallops are superb, the roast Sunday lunch was a quality traditional lunch.
Great service, top quality food, lovely staff. And they went out of their way to make it a special day.
We’ll be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Sunday lunch review was harsh but I went again today with my husband and we had a fabulous Saturday lunch (a la carte as opposed to set meal).

My husband had scallops to start (verdict: best he had had in a very long time - he judges chefs on their ability to do good scallops). He then had the lamb (perfection) . He finished with the Lemon Curd Tart which was beyond his expectations - Very, Very good. He had really hoped for a Lemon Possett.

I had the Goats cheese donuts for a starter and scallops for a main course. Both were lovely.

The piste de la resistance was the Expresso Martini... the best ever!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Seriously impressed by Pitch! Wonderful menu which changes seasonally apparently. Great mix of fish meat and vegetarian choices. The lamb was perfect. The puddings are definitely worth a try! Chocolate delice was stunning and if you are a chocolate lover this is for you!
The staff were lovely and very efficient
Highly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

arrived table not ready , no real area for drinks, not offered to look at menu or any offer for ladies coats to be taken.
decor pleasant needs more soft touches , wont moan about price as good however chose expensive wine had to add ixe not at all chilled correctly
bread and daily change butter nothing to mention plain, asked fir mint as had lamb had none ?
desserts a must excellent , ws all felt the resturant lacked a senior or mature manager popping to each table as host
now the outrage !!!..... 5 more tables sat in was closed and lights put up full and aircon on full blast we did complain and leave the feeling of get out were done
great name , dreadfull location and a long way off perfect pitch

4  Thank BrightonBeas