“The chef patron is a serious talent, worth driving from London for.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crescent Road Restaurant

Crescent Road Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 344 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Epsom, United Kingdom
“The chef patron is a serious talent, worth driving from London for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

The new 'tasting portion' lunch menu turned out to be very generous compared to some tasting menus we've tried. The scallops in seafood bisque was exquisite, as was Chris's duck egg on pea mousse with truffles. The descriptions don't do justice to the refinement of the cooking or the freshness of the ingredients. Our main courses and sweets were delicious. Zek made me a salad to go with my lobster as I'm dieting, and it was such an elegant combination, which I'm trying to reproduce myself! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..... The desserts are never chokingly sweet here, and I appreciate that. All of it was...subtle, surprising, and served with charm. We left Worthing nearly 3 years ago, and we don't miss the windy weather, but we sure miss this lovely restaurant. We will choose to drive down more often for lunches as good as this one. Excellent value for food which is as interesting as this.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank rebalance

“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

On my third visit I was a little disappointed. Firstly by the sticky tables. Secondly, the starter was "too cold" Cold egg, cold moose and old pea shoots. The egg needed to be warm. Thirdly, there seemed to be a problem when I requested for the meat to be removed from the lobster claw, although the chef did do it eventually. However, he had not removed the dirt tract from the lobster's tail. Finally the chips were a let down, not peeled and eyes left on the spuds and they were greasy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ThePepperMill
Hove
“Just Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This is my first visit and certainly won't be my last the food is out of this world and reasonable priced . This was a birthday surprise from my husband and boy what a surprise .

“Chic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Well worth a visit. Not been here for a while and I'm missing it. Changing menus and a taste of something different. Nowhere else offers this sort of food in Worthing!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Cellophane and fish bone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Visited on 29 May for a birthday and pre wedding meal with the bride and groom, having eaten around the world this year I was eager to sample a home town recommendation. Regretfully I can only say that I am very disappointed, the duck egg was too cold, one of the cured pork plates came with part of the cellophane still attached to the meat, my mackerel retained a bone and the brownie was probably warmed in the microwave. Having no pumpkin ice cream the replacement, fennel, was smooth, creamy and refreshing. A 'sorry' was expressed for the cellophane, nothing more. With such excellent recommendations on here I was expecting a high standard, very sadly disappointed, not value for money and I will not be returning.

• Visited May 2014