“Better than Rome?!”

Ranked #11 of 368 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Giuseppes is an authentic Italian restaurant in a historic building in the centre of Worthing. We pride ourselves on creating a real taste of southern Italy, by using high quality, authentic ingredients in our dishes and having a warm, welcoming atmosphere. You can choose from a wide variety of dishes, from traditional favourites like lasagne and spaghetti carbonara, to locally sourced steaks, fish and seafood dishes. Or if you want the type of dish you'd find in an Italian trattoria, go for our agnello alla norma (slow roasted lamb shoulder with aubergine and salted ricotta) or osso buco (deboned veal shin served with saffron risotto). You have a choice of a wide range of reasonably priced Italian wines or Sicilian coffee to go with your meal, and if you're feeling indulgent finish your meal with one of our home-made on the premises desserts. We prepare all our food fresh to order, so we can be very flexible with special dietary requirements. You can find our full vegetarian and gluten-free dishes on our website. We also welcome children, and offer a three course children's menu for £4.95. If you're looking for a great midweek deal, we offer our quick, affordable 6 9 12 Lunch menu Monday to Friday. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Both my wife and I regularly visit Guiseppes often and they never fail to serve amazing food with even better service. I honestly find it very hard to believe the ratings are any less than above good!
We recently came back from Italy and we can honestly say that Guiseppes (in our opinion) serve the better food aswell as amazing staff that are friendly, helpful and will always do anything to make your meal perfect.
Relaxed, quiet (in a good way) and honest.

1  Thank JasonAndClara
Giuseppeskitchen, Owner at Giuseppes Southern Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! It's lovely to know that we have such wonderful, loyal customers. We use high quality imported Italian ingredients whenever possible, along with locally sourced meat and fish, and are very lucky to have such talented chefs in the kitchen, which means we can create very high quality, authentic southern Italian dishes.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I came with my wife for the NYE evening and I was so impressed with the food served and the entertainment provided by the violinists.
The service was also impeccable, I can't rave enough about the quality and presentation of all the 3 courses served.
I work in London and I rarely experience dinners with such high standards in Worthing!
A wonderful oasis in the desert of Worthing..
I will return!!

Thank you for choosing to see 2013 in with us and helping to make it such a wonderful night. Everyone at Giuseppes put a lot of work into the evening, as did Peter Poole and Katharine Adams from Accademia, the talented violinists who played on the night, and it's good to know how much you enjoyed it.

Thank you too, for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

From the moment we walked through the door we were greeted by warm welcoming staff that looked after our every need. My wife and I ordered our starters which were heavenly and then chateaubriand for main - what can I say other than amazing!
After the above we did not have room for a pudding which was disapointing as the chocolate fondent caught my eye when we first had a look at the menu however needless to say we will be returning soon to sample it.
The restaurant and its staff is a credit to Worthing with a lovely southern Italian menu and not a pizza in sight- very refreshing

1  Thank Digihog

We look forward to seeing you again - and yes, the chocolate fondant is as good as it looks! We're very glad that you enjoyed your meal so much.

Thank you for choosing to visit us and for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate it.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went for a pre-Christmas evening meal having chosen from a menu in advance, as requested. We had a long wait for food and it appeared that people who had chosen from the A la Carte menu received speedier service than we did (or it may have been that the other table were friends of the management!)..
When the food finally arrived it was overcooked, dry and all the vegetables were shrivelled up and small portions.
Staff were friendly enough and efficient but why bother with the 'special menu' if they were serving A la carte' anyway?

Giuseppeskitchen, Owner at Giuseppes Southern Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

I am so sorry that your Christmas meal didn't live up to your expectations. Your description of how your food was served isn't of the high standard that we are known for, so we are currently investigating to see what went wrong. If you had let us known there was a problem with your meal when you were in the restaurant, we would've been more than happy to rectify this at the time.

We do not give any of our customers preferential treatment when it comes to the time taken to cook food. It may be that it took less time to prepare the food for a smaller table, or that they had pre-ordered.

I apologise again for the wait for your food. I can only think it was because we were very busy on Christmas Eve.

We offer our Christmas menu as it gives our guests a chance to have a three course meal at a considerably lower price than our a la carte menu, and includes items not on our a la carte menu, like turkey dishes and special sharing platters. Every other group that hosted their Christmas meal with us was very happy with the food, and I'm very sorry that you didn't this wasn't your experience.

Giuseppe

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great service, delicious and ohnest italian food! Friendly and warm service. Lively atmosphere to have a great meal in Worthing this is the place!

Giuseppeskitchen, Owner at Giuseppes Southern Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I'm glad you had such a great time when you visited us, and enjoyed our authentic southern Italian food.

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and sharing your exprience with the TripAdvisor commnunity. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Giuseppe