“Quality and hospitality guaranteed”
Review of Merton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Merton House
Ranked #2 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Gijon, Spain
“Quality and hospitality guaranteed”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've been twice at Merton House by now and I recommend it very much. Nice and very comfortable rooms, great breakfast and Mark and Helene always nice and helping. Having breakfast by the garden is a lovely memory.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Guiomar G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Mark even offered to ferry me to and from the station and makes a fabulous breakfast. Loved the extra touches like little chocolates with the tea making equipment. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Sheila W
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Mark and Helen made us most welcome. Our room was so clean and spotless it would have not surprised us if no-one else had ever slept there!!

It was warm despte the winter chill and the bed was comfy.

was able to park outside saving additional parking chrages and walk to all town centre amenities.
Recommend the "The Swan" pub nearby as well as Uncle Sams bugers!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue L
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a really comfortably stay in this friendly guest house.
Stayed for a week at short notice and was looked after exceptionally well. Mark the host was most accommodating and the breakfasts were superb and made to order. I thoroughly recommend Mark and Helene's guest host.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ingvar F
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm a returning customer to Merton House due to ongoing work in Worthing and every time has been a delight. Everything you would expect from a quality guest house is here but it's the excellent hosts, Mark and Helene, that provide the edge. I've been very well looked after in the past months and would certainly return if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Danman333
Twyford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed with Mark and Helene on the 19th of October, 2013 as somewhere to crash after the Worthing beer festival. I was jet lagged after getting back from Washington D.C. then preceded to drink far too much.

Mark and Helene's wonderful breakfast, flexibility on check out times and general empathy with the that I had "broken" myself was really appreciated.

Very clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, welcoming service - lovely all round. I would definitely stay again as, and when, in Worthing.

Thanks Mark/Helene!

John

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and had good facilities - we booked four rooms out for the weekend.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John S
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this guesthouse on two separate occasions. I can say with all honesty that my stay there was very comfortable and the rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. They do a very good full English breakfast as well !! The proprietors are also very friendly, approachable,accommodating and easy-going. On each occasion, I was not rushed to check out and vacate my room. I would most definitely 100% stay there again if I go back to Worthing as apart from the guesthouse being very close to town, I believe in putting money back into local businesses and not corporate style hotels. Apart from this, in my opinion you would get exactly the same standards as you would in a bigger hotel but for a lot less expense.

Ian