“Great guest house, excellent hosts”
Review of Merton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Merton House
Ranked #2 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Great guest house, excellent hosts”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm a returning customer to Merton House due to ongoing work in Worthing and every time has been a delight. Everything you would expect from a quality guest house is here but it's the excellent hosts, Mark and Helene, that provide the edge. I've been very well looked after in the past months and would certainly return if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Danman333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Twyford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed with Mark and Helene on the 19th of October, 2013 as somewhere to crash after the Worthing beer festival. I was jet lagged after getting back from Washington D.C. then preceded to drink far too much.

Mark and Helene's wonderful breakfast, flexibility on check out times and general empathy with the that I had "broken" myself was really appreciated.

Very clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, welcoming service - lovely all round. I would definitely stay again as, and when, in Worthing.

Thanks Mark/Helene!

John

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and had good facilities - we booked four rooms out for the weekend.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John S
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this guesthouse on two separate occasions. I can say with all honesty that my stay there was very comfortable and the rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. They do a very good full English breakfast as well !! The proprietors are also very friendly, approachable,accommodating and easy-going. On each occasion, I was not rushed to check out and vacate my room. I would most definitely 100% stay there again if I go back to Worthing as apart from the guesthouse being very close to town, I believe in putting money back into local businesses and not corporate style hotels. Apart from this, in my opinion you would get exactly the same standards as you would in a bigger hotel but for a lot less expense.

Ian

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Storrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here when I was moving flat, and on arrival I was amazed as soon I walked through the door. I could tell straight away with the warm friendly greeting from Mark and the decor that you cant miss, that this was going to be a very pleasant place to stay. Nothing was out of place, every thing clean as you could imagine, even a little sash on the toilet ! Wi Fi, colour tv everything you'd expect and more. Would defiantly stay here again, highly recommended !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: no need i would imagine every room to be to a very high standard
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dublin
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I and some colleagues found ourselves in a last minute need of accommodation in the area and were lucky enough to come upon Merton House. Mark is a welcoming host but what really struck us in the very high standard of the property. From the fittings to the finishes everything is immaculate (if a little flowery). Following a great night’s rest and a fine breakfast, we would certainly recommend Mark’s Merton House to any visitor to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ludwigsburg, Deutschland
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked Merton House by tourist information Rye. It was one of the last places to stay on a saturday evening. It was very nice! Marc is a very nice host and helped us with everything we needed. The rooms are big and nice, and very clean! Merton House is on a main road, and you hear the traffic at night, but it didn't disturb us. The breakfast was the best on our whole stay! We can highly recommend Mertn House.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent a 4 day short holiday at this great place.
The hospitality of Mark and his wife Helene makes you feel more like friends than guests.
A strongly recommended place to stay.
Great breakfast, brand new, top cleaned rooms and an familiar atmosphere makes every day to a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernd M
MertonHouse, Owner at Merton House, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi Bernd M ,thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay
and are pleased you enjoyed the full English breakfast to start your day. It was good you found us a good base to tour the area .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Travelodge Worthing Seafront
Grand Victorian Hotel
Grand Victorian Hotel
#10 of 11 in Worthing
Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel

Been to Merton House? Share your experiences!