“Was very very cold and uncompfortable in the restaurant/cafe so much so I had to sit with my coat on”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Ranked #56 of 348 Restaurants in Worthing
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Under new ownership from July 2016, GINGER is the latest Bistro to open its doors in Worthing town centre on the South Coast in West Sussex. We have a unique menu offering dishes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and are Licensed all day. Our extensive drinks menu caters to all tastes from local ales to award winning Prosecco. So whether you are looking for indulgent dining or a place for dirinks with friends while taking in the sea views, you will receive a warm friendly welcome and service to match here at GINGER. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was very very cold in the restaurant/cafe so much so I had to sit with my coat and scalf on the whole time,there was no one at all in thee except for me and my partner, other than 3 staff who were very loud and decided to come in and sit and talk on the phone near to us and sort out their breakfast menu and talk to us about parking out car etc which meant we had to move it and get Into discussion with them rather than leave us in peace to enjoy out meal together quietly.
I thought they were insensitive to do their bookwork and talking on the phone one of them had brought their girlfriend in for the day too so she was hanging around in her coat she also complained it was cold in there. The food wasn't brilliant the avacado was unripened and the lasagne/bolognase was clearly frozen before hand and still tasted a bit frozen but was served warm. Generally pretty uncompfortable really cold drafty felt unwell at the end and there was a draft by the door where the staff kept walking in and out with their books as we were the ony people eating in there I mean the only ones! Couldn't wait to get in to our warm house could have made do with cheese on toast at home very very disappointing I'm afraid and no listed reciept just a figure at the end .... Poor show ....

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Late Lunch”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Popped in to Luna for a late lunch, great service, friendly chatty staff and excellent food.
Even made me some mulled wine and gaucomole, when it wasn't on the menu.
Will return again soon.

• Visited December 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We hadn't visited Luna for some time when we dined recently and it won't be on our list of restaurants to go back to. Perhaps we were unlucky but they brought us the wrong meals and although they replaced them, didn't seem too happy about it. This created an unpleasant atmosphere and also a delay, so we had to rush our meals. It was also very expensive for what we had. It was a mid-week, early evening, so they weren't busy. Sorry, not for us.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Sharon M
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious meal - great portions!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visited early on Saturday evening and our first thought was - where are all the customers?! The lack of fellow diners couldn't be to do with the service, which was friendly & attentive without being overbearing, or the food which was excellent. The homemade bread with olives was a great start to our meal. My calves liver was wonderfully tender and came with a pile of mash and delicious sauce. My husband's baked chicken breast with chorizo, mozzarella, spinach, olives & tomato sauce was equally good.

Hopefully, this lovely place isn't this quiet too often!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Allison T
Telford, Shropshire
“One step short of excellent”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Chanced upon Luna on a flying visit to Worthing on the way home from Eastbourne.
The staff were friendly and efficient - to a point.
The point being, having served us drinks, they completely forgot about the food...
We watched other tables come, order and receive their meals for about half an hour.
It would have been annoying but for the fun of watching the waiting staff deal with the patrons of what appeared to be the designated 'batty old dears' table.
Anyway, when it came, the food was beautifully presented and really tasty - a salmon and and cream cheese bagel and a spicy duck in filo parcels.
Looking at some other reviews, our experience was not so different... Nearly, but not really excellent.

1 Thank The_Wilfster