“Great hospitality!”
Review of Camelot House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Camelot House
Ranked #1 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
VA
“Great hospitality!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My intro to the Camelot was when I drove up to it with a spare tire donut mounted on my car. I had a tire on my rental car blowout en-route from the airport. After numerous calls to the car hire company my only options to get the tire fixed was to return to London. I had intended on driving by to see where the B&b was before returning to London to have the tire replaced at the car rental agency. Steve was tinkering with the infamous bike in the driveway. I alerted him I would be checking in late due to the need to return to London. He listened to my tale of woe and said to check in now to drop off my luggage. While I was unloading he, clearly dissatisfied with the options I had been given, made several phone calls. As I prepared to depart for London he indicated he had made other arrangements, and that I only needed to drive to a place in town to get things fixed. His concern and proactive actions saved me about 4 hours.

I had a basic room, which was well set up and exactly what I needed.

Breakfast, as indicated by others, was superb. Rather than the usual B&B fare of cereal and a plate with the standard eggs, bacon, tomatoes, etc. Steve and Denise offer a varied menu of breakfast options. Steve takes your order and Denise prepares each to order. I didn't need lunch after the breakfasts!

Both had plenty of recommendations for restaurants, one of which I spied Steve in getting fish and chips, so they can advise with some authority.

The fox I surprisingly saw in the backyard added to the experience.

A great visit, I will be returning next year with my wife in tow.

I accidentally marked the pool rating. There is no pool, but the Channel is two blocks away if you desire a bracing dip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bloseclan
Thank you for your review.
Glad to be of help.
This is one of the reasons we like the B&B trade! It keeps you on your toes!
We enjoyed having you stay and hope you have been able to put your new skills into action.
Looking forward to your visit next year.
Travel Safe
Best Wishes
Denise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'd Originally written up this review back in March this year -but when it came to submit it I'd forgotten my Password, -so I'm afraid it got delayed.
Yes, it was a pleasure to stay at Camelot House again -And I'm pleased to say it was as good as ever! (I'm looking forward to the next time!). "Many thanks!"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dave
Thanks for your review.
Hope to see you again soon. Hope we have a room for you when you want to come!!
Safe travelling
Good Wishes
Cockburnspath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We are into our 12th year visiting this excellent guest house and we still see innovations.Steve and Denise are not complacent with their success and we would recommend Camelot House to all. A warm friendly welcome, comfortable rooms, a beautiful garden and a breakfast menu to suit all tastes. For B & B in a quiet setting this is as good as it gets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Alan and Jean.
Wonderful as always to have you stay.
Thank you for your kind review.
Steve and are glad you appreciate our innovations at Camelot.
My passion as you know is food and cooking and we are now serving sausages produced by a local butcher from Sussex reared pork.
I am always on the look out for more local produce to add to the menu.
Thanks for being great loyal guests.
See you next year!

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and i stayed on the 22nd June we arrived in a hurry just needing to leave bags and collect keys as we had to be somewhere else but were immediately made welcome shown to our beautiful room and told to enjoy our evening and what time would we like our breakfast , we had a fabulous night's sleep and got up to enjoy a wonderful breakfast and company from Steve and fellow guest . I have family in worthing i have family in worthing so will definitely be staying here again thank you so much. from Suzanne and John Harden

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Suzanne and John
Thank you for taking time to write a review.
It is always great to welcome new guests especially those who have enjoyed their stay and want to come back! Glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast
We are pleased to welcome you to Camelot House anytime you are in Worthing.
Best Wishes
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This review is slightly (very late) but it is to thank Steve and Denise for looking after me so well during many months of staying at Camelot House. I stayed at Camelot every week for two years on a Monday to Thursday while working in Worthing until a change of job enabled me to return home. The rooms are ALWAYS spotless, breakfast is ALWAYS first class and better than many 4 or 5 star hotels, and Steve and Denise are ALWAYS charming and the finest hosts.

It is the ONLY place to stay in Worthing as it is so comfortable and the welcome so warm.

Room Tip: Book early for the finest B & B experience of your life.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dearest Anthony,
How wonderful to get your review!
We have never forgotten the chats over breakfast and how helpful you were when we were raw recruits to the B&B trade!! your advice on choice of sausage and especially black pudding has had a lasting influence!!
Your review means a great deal to us given your vast experience in travel, B&B's especially breakfasts!!.
Hope to have you stay again, you will see some changes in the rooms and garden.
All Good Wishes
Worcestershire
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I returned to this B&B to find it as good, if not better, than our first visit. Wonderful comfy beds, fluffy towels, mineral water replenished daily in our room and a choice of teas on our hospitality tray. Our hosts, Steve and Denise, really went out of their way to make our visit to Worthing enjoyable with tips of where to visit and where to eat. You really don't need to bother with lunch after Denise's fabulous breakfasts! A vast variety of fresh fruit, yoghurts and cereals and that is before the cooked menu! There is even scrambled eggs and smoked salmon available. This B&B really is 5 star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NickyCee
Thank you for lovely review! I am sorry for the delay in posting a response. We have been busy with hosting for the Worthing Arts Trail and our artists have been pleased with the exposure!. More paintings were sold after your visit. Steve and I are so pleased that our efforts have not gone unnoticed and that you and your lovely husband are comfortable at Camelot. We always look forward to your visits and hope to see you again soon.
Best Wishes Denise
Wimbledon, london
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at this lovely bed and breakfast. Steve and Denise cannot do enough for you and have thought of everything. The rooms are pristine and beautifully decorated, there is a wide array of breakfast items, a lovely sitting room with Sky Tv and a beautiful garden to use. I am not sure you could ask for anything more from a bed & breakfast - as another reviewer said Steve and Denise anticipate your every need. One thing I would like to note is that while they are friendly and helpful they do not over stay their welcome and leave you to enjoy your stay in peace. I stayed 9 days in June for a walking holiday and the breakfast was so good that I ended up having some form of cooked breakfast every day but one. Thank goodness my 100 mile walk kept the extra calories off my waistline! Worthing is lovely with some great restaurants but i also enjoyed spotting newts in their garden ponds.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sara
Apologies for the delay in responding to your outstanding review .It was our pleasure to have you stay. We have worked on the breakfast menu over the last 3 years and hope now there is something to tempt the appetite of most people! We loved following your progress on the walk you accomplished, the wet days and the dry. It was a magnificent achievement!! You will be pleased to know that the newts are thriving, up to 6 in the small pond. We also have toad tadpoles in the big pond who are just starting to grow there legs. On warm evenings we have spotted last years babies hopping about in reasonable numbers. We are looking forward to having you stay again soon.
Kind Regards
Denise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Chatsworth Hotel
Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel
Grand Victorian Hotel
Grand Victorian Hotel
#10 of 11 in Worthing

Been to Camelot House? Share your experiences!