“" Simply Superb "”
Review of Camelot House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Camelot House
Ranked #1 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had stayed at Camelot House years ago on our way through from the coast and enjoyed it , When I booked this February and heard it had new owners I was a little apprehensive. I need not have worried - this couple has taken it to a whole new level ! We stayed in the room on the ground floor near the entrance and the re-furbishment is absolutely stunning. We had a very friendly welcome by Steve and when I commented on the stylish and perfect finish of the room,we were taken aback when he quietly admitted it had been all their own work. We travel a lot on the continent and I can honestly say this little B&B is on a par with many 4 Star hotels regarding the tasteful fitting out , the breakfast and the service !, The way that every little detail of your possible needs has been taken into account and the careful thought and effort that has gone into it is really impressive- starting from the lovely complimentary toiletries, the first class biscuits with your tea tray ( very clever little drawer in your desk with a fantastic assortment of different teas etc.) even coasters for your cups on the nightside table and fresh flowers on the desk ( in February!) . Full marks to Denise who we were told was responsible for the beautiful calming colour scheme and the most exquisite bed linen - I have never seen such linen in any hotel !! The bed - unusually big to my husband's delight - gives you such a good night's sleep that you really do not want to leave it in the morning ! But you must because the best is yet to come.
Denise excels herself once more in the choice of table linen and serviettes - so elgeant and such quality - and the whole ambience of the breakfast room. As for the food - what can I say ?It would appear I can only comment in superlative terms, BUT that is the only way to do justice to their service. The choice of fruit salad ( all fruit in individual containers including a homemade compote which is to die for ) plus( really )perfect homemade jams, cereals, fruit juice etc is staggering. Needless to say to say the cooked breakfast is flawless. In a way Denise and Steve ruin it for any other B&B we would ever stay in elsewhere - their standard is of the highest grade. Who would have thought that in a very quiet road in an unassuming house in Worthing you could find such a hidden jewel ! I just wish our circumstances would make it possible to be able to return more often !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Monika,
Thank you so much for your glowing and detailed review of Camelot House! We are so pleased that our efforts to create a comfortable and homely B&B have been in some measure achieved. I am glad you like our refurbished room 6, we were pleased to get it done. We have been busy with guests and "spring cleaning" and a welcome visit from family. There is always something to keep us on the go! We would be delighted to welcome you here any time you are able. Thank you too for sharing your enjoyment of Camelot House with Trip Advisor. I have been adding some more photos on this site. One is of guests enjoying breakfast outside in the sunshine let us hope we get some opportunities this summer to do the same.
Kind Regards Denise

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This bed and breakfast hotel is situated just 4 mins walk away from the busy seafront. It's clean and well kept in good repair. But most of all it was the friendliness of the owners Denise and Steve, together with an excellent choice of hot and cold breakfasts, including a full english traditional breakfast with all the trimmings and beautifully cooked, which made this stay a real pleasure and experience. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your excellent review.
Steve and I were very pleased to welcome you to Camelot House and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We have been busy with guests and a visit from family and we actually got out for the day to Harry Potter, the making of the film.We hope you can make another trip to the UK and visit us again.
All best wishes Denise

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We return time and time again, and it never changes, you get a very warm welcome and are looked after throughout your visit. This time we had room 6 which is on the ground floor, as it has now been changed to an ensuite shower room instead of a bath. It is a lovely room, large and airy with plenty of power sockets,plus a comfortable king sized bed. The breakfasts are wonderful nothing is too much trouble!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
w1ngrider, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Hey Mrs Column thanks for your lovely review.
Steve and I are always delighted to welcome you and your dear husband to Camelot House.
Glad you like the newly revamped room 6 . We are also pleased to get your feedback about marmalade too.
Enjoy your summer hols and we look forward to seeing you again later in the year.
Hope the garden blooms beautifully!!
Best Wishes Denise

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband had stayed in Camelot House before and couldn't praise Steve and Denise more highly. Now I completely agree with him! The facilities are first class and we couldn't have received a warmer wecome. The room was spotless and the choice for breakfast was amazing. The location was such that we parked the car and could walk to all of Worthing's amenities. I definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi She87
Thanks for your review. I am sorry it has taken so long for me to reply but we have been very busy with more lovely guests.
It was great to meet you and have your husband stay again. He alone is keeping the humble kipper alive on our menu. Good for him I say!!.
Thank you for mentioning our breakfast choice. We hope to satisfy most needs!
Steve and I hope to see you again soon. Best wishes Denise

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm not actually one for posting too many reviews and in general i think that people usually only post for the most part when something is wrong. However that is 110% not the case with the Camelot House where i have just recently stayed. I genuinely couldn't fault anything! from the warm welcome from Steve and Denise, including generously moving their own car onto the road to allow me to park my own on their drive, to the lovely cake and cup of tea. That Steve is a Yorkshire man as i am, was an added bonus, with generosity and humor abound. Denise is sweet and accommodating, as well as a fantastic hostess that i dare say would give plenty of bakers a run for their money. I only stayed one night but wish it had been more. The room was spotless and although intending to do some work that night in my room, once my head had hit the mountain of pillows and cushions i was asleep before i knew it. Didn't even get to use the robe!

After fitting in a morning run along the seafront i came back to a fantastic full breakfast, served again with a smile and a friendly warmth, which made you think you were part of the family.

I wish i could keep this little gem on the south coast to myself but some things should be shared, and i think the hospitality of Steve and Denise and their beautiful Camelot House is one of them. I just hope there is a spare bed when i need one.

if nothing else i will be stopping by for cake! and to see if the Jigsaw was ever finished.

Brian

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Brian
What a delightful review! Steve and I enjoyed your easy going company and hope you will come again soon. You will be pleased to know that the jig-saw puzzle was eventually completed Easter weekend with all pieces present and correct. We are glad you appreciated what we have to offer here at Camelot and intend to continue to move forward. The baking continues! One of my favourite occupations! Hope you had a terrific Easter.
Best Wishes
Denise

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having been a long standing guest (nearly 2 years!) at Camelot House I cannot thank Steve and Denise enough for the hospitality they have shown. The facilities, refreshments and breakfast at Camelot House are all truly first class. All the rooms at Camelot House are very comfortable and I’m pretty sure I stayed in them all! A great selection of teas, coffees, hot chocolate and lovely Borders biscuits. All areas are extremely well kept, with access to a comfortable lounge to relax with a book or watch a little TV.

The thing I shall miss almost as much as the company of Steve and Denise is the fantastic breakfast. I have pretty much lived like a King at breakfast time thanks to the extraordinary spread they put on. Faultless, from the wide selection of healthy cereals, nuts and seeds, to the beautiful spread of fresh fruit salad that I doubt would even be matched by 5 star hotels. Then of course there’s the piece de resistance, the cooked menu, the most hearty full English you’ll find anywhere on the South Coast, but also some superb alternatives like Haddock with a poached egg on top (one of my regular staples), and also the great smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.

Camelot House cannot come recommended highly enough in my view.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Matthew
Thank you so much for posting this great review. Steve and I are sorry to see you go and hope the new job is going well. We have thoroughly enjoyed having you stay and always looked forward to your arrival each week. We need to thank you too for your help with computers and especially our website design. The menu now features Knights Butchers Original Champion Sausages but still has your favourite Smoked Haddock! Come and see us for breakfast if you are over this way. We hope all goes well with your future plans and we will of course keep in touch. Thank you for your card and Steve needs no encouragement with the demarcation line!!!
Best Wishes Denise

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband & I stayed just one night at Camelot House. Steve & Denise were warm & friendly hosts. The breakfasts were ample & tasty. The whole place was spotless & the well-maintained garden would be an added bonus in warmer weather.We would definitely return here when next in the area & would highly recommend this guesthouse to family & friends.

Room Tip: Room 2 has en-suite facilities & was quiet.