“Faultless B&B”
Review of Camelot House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Camelot House
Ranked #1 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Halifax
“Faultless B&B”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my weeks stay at Camelot House. It was perfectly suited to my needs. It was very easy for my Panto rehearsals in Shoreham-by-Sea, the East Worthing train station is around 8 minutes walk away and a matter of minutes journey to Shoreham or Brighton. More regular trains can be caught from Worthing Station itself which is a little further.

Steve and Denise were absolutely lovely from the off. Picking me and my bags up at the station (which is something I never expected when first contemplating staying anywhere) and bringing me back to the B&B for a tea and cake welcome. The single room was a good size, and I did not feel cramped for the duration of my stay. I think a large part of this was due to the fact the finishing in the B&B is such a high standard. Everything seems pristine and very clean. The bed was very comfy (and as a travelling actor I sleep in a lot of uncomfortable ones).

The lounge / dining area is very nice and overlooks the garden. The breakfast is amazing, with a great choice of things including full english, smoked salmon and eggs etc all freshly cooked. I ended up having cooked breakfast everyday although I hadn't really intended to! it was just too nice. Luckily there is a nice range of seasonal fruit and cereals to round off the meal.

The B&B is only a few minutes walk from the sea, and 10 minutes from the centre of Worthing where I found all the shops I could need.

For those of you thinking, this review seems too good to be true, I have tried to think of a flaw with the stay. But for a B&B, and for the price which after extensive looking seemed to one of the cheapest around anyway, I cannot fault it.

Well. Apart from the weather! Horrible!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks James for your glowing review.
It was a great pleasure to have you stay and Steve and I were disappointed that we couldn't be here to see you through to the end of the Panto run.Hope it was a good run and lots of fun too.
I am glad you found the breakfast good. I try to make changes and keep the menu fresh and cater for as many tastes as I can.
We are pleased too that Worthing town appealed to you,as a "younger" person!!
We are glad you thought us value for money.Come and see us in the summer when Worthing rocks!! And is hopefully drier!!
Best Wishes Denise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Camelot House with my family just before the new year. It was lovely. We were made to feel very welcome and the rooms are all lovely, cosy, clean and well furnished. Great location, no problems parking and a short walk up the road you are on the seafront! Worthing is close to our hearts and the weekend break was just what we needed. Highly recommend Camelot House.

Room Tip: Both double rooms at the front of the house are just lovely, I stayed in the single room at the fron...
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you Aba45 for you review.
Steve and I were pleased that all the family could make this trip to revisit "dear old Worthing". We are glad you like the newlly refurbished rooms. We have really enjoyed making the changes.One of our goals is to keep and improve the homely atmosphere at Camelot and it is so good to welcome back guests. Hope to see you in the spring.
Best Wishes
Denise
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed one night at the lovely b & b to see a friend in her first professional Pantomime (oh yes we did ). We arrived a few minutes before Denise and Steve who had travelled back from their Christmas break but in the blink of an eye the kettle was on and a delicious cake produced to welcome us.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable and the freshly cooked breakfast sustained us through the long journey back to Cheshire.

It was a shame that our visit was so short but if we ever return to Worthing this will be the place where we stay.

Keith, Julie and Leanne Preece

Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you Keith for your lovely review.
It was good to have you stay and enjoy the panto. We are lucky here in Worthing to have a choice of 2 Pantos.Glad the breakfast was sustaining and we would be pleased to welcome you back anytime.We will be more organised for your arrival next time!!.
Best Wishes Denise.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently treated my family to three nights in Worthing and there is no better place to stay than The Camelot House Hotel. Steve and Denise are excellent hosts and it is home from home, spotlessly clean, love the new oak furniture and soft furnishings. The breakfast is wicked, choice is outstanding and a lovely dining room overlooking the garden. Although the weather was awlful the stay at Camelot was first class. I know my family will be returning in the Spring as the Hotel's position is just a short walk to the sea front and the walk along the prom is exhilarating and you are in town before you know it or catch the coastliner bus to Brighton which we did, great ride along the coastline. Overall a terrific stay even with the wet and gale force winds!

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a very high standard.
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks Lyndsey for your excellent review.
Steve and I were glad to welcome you back and your family too. We love our new furniture too.
Its been a busy year with all the refurbs.
Its good to hear that you all like what Worthing has to offer even the bracing January winds along the sea front.You did hit some particularly bad weather that weekend.
Looking forward to welcoming the family back in the spring, when we will have all the mirrors fitted in room 6!! and the weather will be much better.
Best Wishes Denise
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

So just back at home in Sweden after what might be my around 30st stay at Camelot. Its only getting better and better. Loved the new furniture in "my" room nr 4. Whole place id very clean, the Full English Breakfast is outstanding, overlooking the garden from the dining room is always nice any time of the year. Steve and Denise is doing a fantastic job with this 1st class B&B.
See you in the next year!!
//Chris

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank chrisvb01
Dear Chris.
How lovely to get your latest review of our home from home.Funny, we too think of room 4 as Chris's room!! Always a pleasure to have you stay and great that after around 30 visits ( not all with us) that you still think the breakfast is good! Glad you like the new furniture and now all rooms are complete everyone can enjoy it too. What will be new in 2013? We are looking forward to your next visit. Thanks for the lovely Christmas card of you and Kessy.Good Luck and a Healthy New Year. Denise and Steve.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This bijou Gueshouse ticks boxes where there aren't any boxes! Collection from the train-station and redelivery; unheard of in my extensive experience. This place is a gem and many a hotel could learn a thing or two about customer-care from Denise and Steve. Faultless on all counts from the cuddly teddy on the bed to the delicious and extensive breakfast menu (as a vegetarian I am used to second best but was spoilt for choice here). Housekeeping is immaculate and the extras such as quality toiletries and dressing-gowns if not en-suite are on a par with a five-star hotel. No wonder so many guests are "repeat offenders" as Steve put it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Odette373
Dear Odette.
What a review! First time we have been called bijou. Lovely! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you for appreciating all our "Little Extras". I am glad you found our breakfast menu adequate for vegetarians any suggestions for a bit of variety would be greatly recieved!! It is great to have such positive feedback and we hope you will be down to Worthing again soon and join the list of " repeat offenders!" Best Wishes for 2013. Denise and Steve
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Whenever we stay in a guest house/B&B on our travels we inevitably make a comparison with Camelot House and Camelot always comes out as our favourite. Denise and Steve are very special hosts, friendly and hospitable. The accommodation is first-rate, we were in the Superking double with en-suite (room no. 1 and it certainly was!) and could find no faults at all. Nor we could we find fault with the wonderful spread of food on offer for breakfast. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Worthing you will not regret choosing Camelot House, Denise and Steve will really look after you well and great value if you qualify for their special offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank Robert and Jenn... H
Dear Robert and Jen.
Thank you for your lovely review.Steve and I always enjoy your stays and hope you had a wonderful christmas. As you know we are very proud of our two new superking/twin rooms and are pleased our guests find them comfortable and convenient too! Breakfast is my first love and it gives me great pleasure to know that you too enoy the offerings! Now what can we have new for 2013? See you next year. Best wishes Denise and Steve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
The Ardington Hotel
Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel
Village House Hotel
Village House Hotel
#7 of 26 in Worthing

Been to Camelot House? Share your experiences!