“Top class b&b.”
Review of Camelot House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Camelot House
Ranked #1 of 26 Worthing B&B and Inns
Cockburnspath, United Kingdom
“Top class b&b.”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had visited Camelot House on 15 occasions before it changed hands last year. The previous owners standard was extremely high and we were not disappointed with the new proprietors, Steve and Denise, who if anything have improved an excellent b&b. Spotless, comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast to cater for all tastes and a friendly host and hostess. Close to the sea and town centre, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights and would recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone. Spotlessly clean, light and airy, bed and linen/towels of high quality, super breakfast with the fresh produce and the personal attention make this a real treat. We will be back!!
Arno, Kathy & Alex

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed here in a single room for two nights for £66 and was very happy with all aspects of my stay. Steve and Denise are very welcoming and even picked me up and dropped me off from the station. The place is spotless, the room was light and airy and the breakfast was excellent. Anyone who stays in the Travel Lodge rather than here is making a huge mistake. Highly recommended for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Northants
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We love coming to stay, nothing is too much trouble. The Hotel is close enough to walk into town and to the sea front.
Steve and Denise are really friendly and helpful.
The breakfasts are the best, with plenty of choices, I particularly like the fresh fruit that is served and my husband liked the home made marmalade.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed two nights here in February and i loved it. Steve picked me up for free from the train statiion. The B&B was great. The single room had everything i required. The bed was comfy and i had a peaceful nights sleep. Freeview flat screen tv. Complimentary tea/coffee in room with kettle. On arrival Steve & Denise made me a pot of tea and scones with jam & cream. The breakfast was beautiful and the choice the largest i have seen. When i collected my car there was no problem parking on road and even off road if required. Steve gives free coupons if you wish to park the car on road all day. He will give you a code for the wifi if you have a laptop and the there is fast free connection in all rooms. The weather was freezing and they weren't bothered if i stayed in most of the day unlike other B&Bs i have stayed at. Only about a 5 minute walk from Worthing town centre i recommend you stay at Camelot House. I will be back. Kevin

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jagamania
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I've stayed at Camelot House three or four times now, -and hope to stay again! (Nothing seems to be too much trouble to Steve and Denise, and Steve will pick you up from the Station if neccesary).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank davepen77
Seattle
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I stayed here for 1 night while visiting my 100 yr old aunt en route to France on business. I should have stayed longer. The hosts, Denise and Steve, were very friendly and went out of their way to make me feel at home. We booked on their web site and then called them on Skype to confirm. One has to pay one night's deposit up front. They bought the place a year or so ago. She is a retired district nurse (good if you plan to have a heart attack!), and he is ex military who loves motor cycles. When they got married (fairly recently) she rode with him on the back of his motor cycle up to Scotland to get married. She didn't know the plan until they got there. Romantic!

This place is well kept and peaceful. They have wireless, and loaned me an electrical adapter to charge my laptop. (I forgot mine at home in Seattle). Superb full English breakfast in an airy dining room facing onto a garden. This looked like it would be pleasant in the summer. The dining room has fake rustic wooden beams in the walls and ceiling which I and another guest couple liked but which drive Steve crazy. So maybe these will be gone soon - I hope not.

Modern home with beautiful linens, in-room tea service (with kettle, china cups, cookies, hot chocolate, coffee/ tea, creamers) and matching embroidered bedspread, pillow cases and curtains. Plus a teddy bear on my pillow! Lots of books to read, and nice living room in which to relax. I found a very readable book summarizing British History (for those of us who are aspiring history buffs but get confused about details like, how did James IV of Scotland, son of Mary Queen of Scots who was considered a traitor and beheaded by the English, become James I of England?). It is called "Remember, Remember (the Fifth of November): Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About British History with All the Boring Bits Taken Out" by Judy Parkinson. I have since ordered this on Amazon.com.

Comfortable bed. Quiet location, off the main road, and about 10 min walk from the sea. Free Wifi, good TV. I successfully Skyped my family in Seattle. Electric on-demand hot water for shower, which worked OK but took 10 sec to turn off - ran cold for half this time! (So get out of the way before turning off to soap up). Nice reading lamp behind the headboard on my bed, but this wouldn't stay up so I propped it with a book - worked great. (Had I stayed longer, I am sure they would have fixed it).

The next day, Steve programmed the GPS on my rental car, to enable me to navigate the confusing traffic circles en route to my Aunt's nursing home 2 miles away. The nice lady politely got me back on track after I went astray (which happened within minutes, with me trying to remember to drive on the left side of the road). Thanks Steve!

Beware the many boarding houses along the A259 (Brighton Road), which runs along the sea shore. I went for an early morning walk (Mon a.m., Nov 29) along the walk/bike trail which runs next to the A259 along the sea shore. It was very busy with traffic, and consequently noisy. The boarding houses along this road might not be as peaceful as Camelot.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Chatsworth Hotel
Best Western Plus Old Tollgate Hotel
Grand Victorian Hotel
Grand Victorian Hotel
#10 of 11 in Worthing

Been to Camelot House? Share your experiences!