“Gone downhill...”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
West Sussex
“Gone downhill...”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Oh dear. I do not know if the recession is hitting the Imperial China but boy it has gone downhill.
Portions are much smaller, especially for starters.
Food quality is very poor.
Food service is erratic; our starters arrived over a period of 20 minutes with some people finished before others had started.
Waiters ignore you and seem embarrassed if you comment on bad service et al.
We went on a Thursday which used to be packed, at 8pm there were only 4 tables!
I do hope they turn this around as this used to be a very, very good Chinese!

2 Thank George35WestSussex

Sussex
“Amazing food”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We have Been here many times. It is amazing. Great food, best quality Chinese I have had. And I've had quite a lot!
Although you get what you pay for. It is not the cheapest place but great for a special occasion.

2 Thank Joeybellyanna
London
“Delicious food and great service.”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Lovely restaurant - great decor and atmosphere. All staff are very attentive & friendly and the environment is very relaxing. Delicious crispy duck pancakes and the prawns of our main course were superb. House wine is fine too! Would definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank CVALondon
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Portions have shrunk”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Have been going to this restaurant for years and alway rated it highly. The service is second to none and food is good. However on our last visit we ordered a meal for two and noticed that the portions had got considerably smaller.....prices however were not! I dont mind paying more money for good food, but I dont like to be ripped off paying more for less. I am not sure I would return in a hurry and think there may be better value restaurants elsewhere in Worthing.

1 Thank Unniepot
Brighton, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I love Chinese food and have been to this restaurant dozens of times with friends and family and it has never once been less than a 5 star experience. The owner john and his team personally greet you when you enter and from then on you get great service all evening.
As is the current trend I recently went to one of these buffet Chinese restaurants. We went because my kids friends raved about the chocolate fountains and puddings and my kids had been pestering me. As soon as I sat down I craved to be back at the Imperial and the quality of food was light years ahead of this buffet food.
I would say they cater for all types of parties. A romantic meal, your family old and young, parties. The place is very big so has different areas depending on the group.
We all do it don't we - try to find the cheaper alternative but the saying 'you get what you pay for' definitely applies to the Imperial.

1 Thank wallywalnut