“A perfect home away from home close to the heart...”
other travelers have booked this property
Comfortable Double Bedroom
Space for a cot if required Spacious and Bright Lounge with Delightful Garden View and Dining Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Comfortable Double Bedroom
Space for a cot if required
Spacious and Bright Lounge with Delightful Garden View and Dining Area
Dining Area to Seat 4
Cosy corner
Welcoming Hallway
Not far to the beach!!
Soft relaxing lighting in all rooms
Local photography to enjoy
Well equipped separate  kitchen
Clean bathroom with bath & shower. All linen & towels supplied.
We love a beach hut!
Artists Studios
Coast Café on the beach
Sunny Splash Point with The Pier behind
Our cool beach hut in nearby Goring to rent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
JANET W
“A perfect home away from home close to the heart of Worthing.”
Reviewed October 17, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This well equipped apartment is light and airy. The kitchen is well equipped and parking is readily available. All is well maintained and very clean. The host is very caring and thoughtful, leaving a wonderful welcome package for her guests.
The apartment is on the main bus route across the road from the beach and surrounded by lovely gardens. It is a 10 minute walk to the town shops and a 25 minute walk to the train station, making this a very accessible apartment for those not driving a car. Day trips to Chichester, Brighton and Arundel are easily done using public transport. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at 16B Heene Terrace and would return again.

Oct 22, 2017
Janet thank you so much for taking the time to review. It was such a pleasure having you and your Mum to stay in the apartment and you looked after the place so well. Hopefully we will get the chance to see you again in Worthing.
Reviewed July 9, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Adrian T
Bordon, United Kingdom
“Ideal self catering venue”
Reviewed March 19, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I had to go to Worthing for a couple of nights and again tried the self catering option, mainly because my timetable is under my own control allowing for the meetings I had to attend.
This was found through TripAdvisor and was easy my first choice out of three. Its basically on the seafront and is a basement apartment. I met Lorraine outside and she took me down to an apartment that was a surprise with a double bed. full bathroom, living/dining room and a kitchen with all that's needed.
Its comfortable and peaceful, that is adequate for all your needs, be it for a couple of nights or all week. If you want to cater for yourself then you have everything to hand but Worthing has a great choice of restaurants/takeaways covering all cuisines within 10 minutes.
Lorraine was always very helpful and if I have to come back then I will happily return here.

Mar 22, 2017
Thank you Adrian for your lovely review. I'm so glad you had a good stay and had everything you needed. The apartment is in a great position as you mentioned and we have so much locally to enjoy in terms of eateries. I hope to see you again. Warmest regards Lorraine
Reviewed March 7, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Mar 7, 2017
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I look forward to your next visit. I hope you're enjoying the SA sunshine after your British spell!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice place, great location, very friendly service”
Reviewed November 3, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We spent a very nice week at Lorraine's seascape apartment and had a warm welcome with a much appreciated starter food supply. We found the apartment in very good condition as advertised. It is not only a perfect base for whatever you have come to Worthing to do, but also provides for enough space and comfort to just settle down, relax and feel at ease.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Apartment as advertised, warm welcome, friendly service
Liked least: sofa mattress
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
Nov 4, 2016
Thank you for leaving a review its very appreciated. Hope to see you again.
ERS11458
Manchester
“Comfortable apartment in a great location, but stay spoiled by no TV”
Reviewed October 21, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

First impressions of this apt were very good, and the owners provided lots of extras (food etc). However we had a few problems that I think others should be aware of when booking this property:
1. The aerial to the whole building failed (apparently it had happened once before) and we were without television for a whole weekend. Beware issues such as this are not covered by Holiday Lettings/Tripadvisor who only seem to cover you if the rental is uninhabitable. Lorraine offered £35 compensation which I accepted, but the lack of TV did spoil our stay. If I was paying the equivalent per night in a hotel and it was not possible to move rooms, I would expect a full refund for affected nights in view of the room being 'not as described' and for 'loss of enjoyment' under the Consumer Rights Act. The owner (whose communications had previously been friendly) made it clear she was not open to any discussion or negotiation about the level of compensation, thus my frank review.
2. The flat does suffer from damp. Perhaps this is to be expected as it's a basement flat, but be aware that the bathroom and kitchen fans are on constantly. I had to request they were turned down in intensity as were so noisy I could hear them whirring away whilst trying to sleep at night (bedroom door does not shut). The owner's husband sorted this the next day by turning them down, but they remained on all the time.
3. I am with O2 and could not get a phone signal in most parts of the apartment. This did become a safety concern for me as I wanted to be able to call for help in an emergency, but knew I couldn't. The wireless doorbell didn't work on most occasions so it was a faff getting takeout delivered and having family visit as they couldn't let you know they were outside waiting.
4. For anyone with young children - the blinds in the lounge are not child safe - long blind cords. Solved by tying up all the blinds and then untying in morning.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of discussion when things went wrong
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Oct 22, 2016
Hello Susan
I’m very glad that your first impressions of the apartment were good and you appreciated all the extras I provide for my guests. I am someone who takes a huge amount of pride and satisfaction in my guests having a great stay or holiday in my property and do everything I can to ensure this. What I am not is someone who can be coerced into giving an unscrupulous, opportunistic guest a full refund due to the threat of a ‘frank’ review if I don’t.
1) The communal aerial did stop working for your first 2 days out of 7. As we discovered it was a fault with the communal aerial on top of our seafront 5 story building and couldn’t actually do anything to fix it at short notice apart from scaling up and giving it a wiggle. Instead, even though there are a stack of DVDs already at the apartment we brought down an extra selection of specific DVDs for your daughter (we understood from you she liked Peppa pig), in order that you would both have plenty to watch. The aerial was back working by the Monday so there was no need to call anyone out. Contrary to your comment the aerial has never to my knowledge stopped working and this was the only occasion??! On the Monday as a kind gesture I offered you the use of our beach hut as an apology for the inconvenience. You however refused my offer and said you wanted money. Even though I didn’t feel the lack of a TV required financial compensation (as it was the property you rented and all the accompanying facilities and not just the TV after all). I thought that 20% would be an appropriate gesture. Apparently though that was not enough for you and you refused my offer and said you wanted to ‘discuss’ the issue on your return home. On your return you contacted me again to discuss your compensation. I politely said that I thought my offer was fair and would not be increasing it. This however appeared to incense you and what followed can only be described as a rant of a message. In it you were appearing to threaten legal action and quoting your consumer rights. You were also dangling the ‘I will leave my review after this has been resolved’ and you’ve fully refunded me carrot. I therefore decided that Trip Advisor should deal with you. Trip Advisor apologised to me on several occasions regarding your messages. They also informed me that I should not speak to you or return any of your messages, you were being unreasonable and they would continue to deal with you regarding the situation you had developed. They advised you that my offer was fair and should be accepted which of course it eventually was when you realised your demand had no validity. The fact that I remained polite through a very stressful situation if not wholly friendly is only to be expected under the circumstances - don’t you think?
2) The flat does not suffer from damp. We had the week before you arrived upgraded the extractor fans to deal with increased humidity and as they were new did not know they would stay on and be disturbing. We responded at your request and immediately turned them down and they are at a low hum and nothing more.
3) Yes the phone signal can be poor at the flat and on some networks you have to walk outside the back door and up 4 steps to get a signal which of course is possible unless the emergency is that you’ve broken both your legs. We also have free broadband Wi-Fi so sending messages/receiving mail/streaming films & TV programmes is not a problem. The doorbell being intermittent was not reported to us by you and therefore how could we know? I will now look into changing the batteries or the unit as required.
4) The blinds in the lounge are the full length of the long sash windows in order to block out light and therefore I believe the cords also have to be long. I have to apologise that you had to hook up 5 cords every evening and take them down again every morning.
I thank you for your review, it may have been frank but it certainly wasn’t fair, though I never expected it to be. If all my guests were of a similar ilk to you I would give up tomorrow. Thankfully they are not and as they say ‘you always get one’, well it seems you have been mine.
Kathy567
“Perfect location”
Reviewed September 24, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed for one week in the apartment, everything as presented on the website, our son joined for 2 days - no problem. Comfortable, nearby the town, beaches and wonderful boulevard for the morning and evening walks. We were also fortunate with the weather with glorious sunshine every day. Owner very attentive to any request.

Liked best: Location
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Oct 4, 2016
Dear Kathy
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review it is much appreciated. I'm so glad you had such a good stay and hope to see you again. Kind Regards Lorraine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing