“A lovely experience.”

The Quicksilver Mail
Ranked #25 of 182 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Traditional English Pub Serving Home cooked Food and First Class Wines Beers and Ciders Open everyday Food served from 12 -2.30 6Pm -9.30Pm Pub open 12-12 all day everyday.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My partner & I visited the Quicksilver last week. With it being a miserable day to walk in to a warm, friendly pub was a blessing. A wide selection of meals and great value lunch menu. Great food, great beer and friendly staff, what more could we ask for. Definitely visiting again when passing next.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“AVOID THE ROAST”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Loved this pub back a couple of years ago.. food and service were amazing.
My large family are regular sunday roast visitors and spend a fair bit when we go here but just recently ( last 6 months or so) the food has taken a serious dive .. not sure if they have changed the chief? But the last 2 visits we were presented pale potatoes which were not even cooked.. they were acually raw and hard in the centre.. I let it go the first time but on the following visit it was the same.. I complained ...they took my spuds away and came back with more.. ( same spuds dipped in deep fat fryer) result... horrid greasy potato's which were a bit browner but still raw in the middle!
On leaving I explained I was very disappointed with the meal and was not happy to pay the full price for an inedible meal.. got a blank look and the barmaid went to speak to the landlord..on her return offered me £ 3.00 off our meal!!!
I told her I was very disappointed and my family would not be coming back.. just got a tut and a sigh. . Incredibly rude.. so sad.. used to rave to all my friends and family about their food and service and now it's like an overpriced fawlty towers ...
Avoid !!

yeovil
“Nice for a pint and some karaoke”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great for a quick tipple and a dance, monthly musical evenings/ karaoke as far as I am aware. Great venue and always a good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Barnstaple
“Jolly good food. Far better than we expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Prior to live music gig we tried the early bird menu (6 til 7). Good value, decent honest food. Lovely fresh veg (carrots, beans, broccoli, cabbage & new potatoes. So so much better than the usual soggy veg served.

Will definitely visit again. Friendly, welcoming and relaxed, jolly good food, live music. What more can you want in one evening?!!!

• Visited November 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to the quicksilver for lunch with a group of workmates, we phoned in our order at the start of our lunch hour and by the time we arrived (6 minutes after the call) they had prepared a table for us and our food was being prepared. We were served our drinks very promptly and the staff were wonderful, very polite. The food was served quickly and we all enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere of the pub was great. The whole group said we wish we had a longer lunch break to give us time for desert. We have booked a group meal for an evening after work so we can return.

Very impressed!
The toilets were clean and tidy, the smoking area was clean, tidy and comfortable and we were surprised at how much food we had for our money!

• Visited October 2013