“AVOID THE ROAST”

The Quicksilver Mail
Ranked #22 of 198 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional English Pub Serving Home cooked Food and First Class Wines Beers and Ciders Open everyday Food served from 12 -2.30 6Pm -9.30Pm Pub open 12-12 all day everyday.
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Loved this pub back a couple of years ago.. food and service were amazing.
My large family are regular sunday roast visitors and spend a fair bit when we go here but just recently ( last 6 months or so) the food has taken a serious dive .. not sure if they have changed the chief? But the last 2 visits we were presented pale potatoes which were not even cooked.. they were acually raw and hard in the centre.. I let it go the first time but on the following visit it was the same.. I complained ...they took my spuds away and came back with more.. ( same spuds dipped in deep fat fryer) result... horrid greasy potato's which were a bit browner but still raw in the middle!
On leaving I explained I was very disappointed with the meal and was not happy to pay the full price for an inedible meal.. got a blank look and the barmaid went to speak to the landlord..on her return offered me £ 3.00 off our meal!!!
I told her I was very disappointed and my family would not be coming back.. just got a tut and a sigh. . Incredibly rude.. so sad.. used to rave to all my friends and family about their food and service and now it's like an overpriced fawlty towers ...
Avoid !!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great for a quick tipple and a dance, monthly musical evenings/ karaoke as far as I am aware. Great venue and always a good atmosphere.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Prior to live music gig we tried the early bird menu (6 til 7). Good value, decent honest food. Lovely fresh veg (carrots, beans, broccoli, cabbage & new potatoes. So so much better than the usual soggy veg served.

Will definitely visit again. Friendly, welcoming and relaxed, jolly good food, live music. What more can you want in one evening?!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to the quicksilver for lunch with a group of workmates, we phoned in our order at the start of our lunch hour and by the time we arrived (6 minutes after the call) they had prepared a table for us and our food was being prepared. We were served our drinks very promptly and the staff were wonderful, very polite. The food was served quickly and we all enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere of the pub was great. The whole group said we wish we had a longer lunch break to give us time for desert. We have booked a group meal for an evening after work so we can return.

Very impressed!
The toilets were clean and tidy, the smoking area was clean, tidy and comfortable and we were surprised at how much food we had for our money!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We came here for our staff summer get together. It was a lovely warm evening so they had set the tables up outside.
Food was great value and there was lots of choice.
Desserts were OK; but most of us were too full to eat them .
Will return sometime for some of the live music as they often have bands there.