“Cheap drinks”

Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Drinks were incredibly cheap, which is presumably why this place was busy early on a Tuesday evening. No real atmosphere, mostly people looking like they were there to get drunk. Fine if you want a quick drink, but not the place for anything else.

There are newer reviews for The William Dampier

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Called in for quick coffee. It was like sitting with a load of tramps, who in fact we felt sorry for. We will not be going in again. Ideal place for those poor people with alcohol problems.

3  Thank Steve W
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Decided to stop in Yeovil en route and visited Weatherspoons for breakfast. Plenty of seating space and soon ordered breakfast. The service was quick and efficient and good follow up attention. Felt sorry for the alcohol drinkers who frequent the bar at 0830.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was waiting for a garage to finish a repair on a car ..so I walked into Yeovil to pass the time away... I called in at The William Dampier for a snack lunch.

You know exactly what to expect at a Wetherspoon and it is exactly what I got .... a decent beer a reasonable meal (Sausage and Mash) at a fairly sensible price.... Actually the sausages were quite good , the gravy tasty, and the mash was smooth.

With these big chains it is all down to consistency of product. I have been to others where the tables have not been clean but I Have always found the service to be quick and efficient.

So, all in all a good snack

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was a Sunday lunch time , very warm so we decided to pop in for a quick drink as my 10 year old daughter was very hot and thirsty , we ordered her an orange juice , a coke for me and a pint of larger for my partner we were told by the bar girl she couldn't serve us drinks unless we were eating , so we decided just to order one dish then we rudely told we all had to order a meal if we wanted to drink ??? We promptly left . We've had just a drink in many pubs with my daughter ,so what on earth is this policy about.

3  Thank abigaljo2003