“Sausage and Mash Snack”

The William Dampier
Ranked #89 of 182 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Sausage and Mash Snack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was waiting for a garage to finish a repair on a car ..so I walked into Yeovil to pass the time away... I called in at The William Dampier for a snack lunch.

You know exactly what to expect at a Wetherspoon and it is exactly what I got .... a decent beer a reasonable meal (Sausage and Mash) at a fairly sensible price.... Actually the sausages were quite good , the gravy tasty, and the mash was smooth.

With these big chains it is all down to consistency of product. I have been to others where the tables have not been clean but I Have always found the service to be quick and efficient.

So, all in all a good snack

• Visited October 2013

“Just couldn't believe it !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was a Sunday lunch time , very warm so we decided to pop in for a quick drink as my 10 year old daughter was very hot and thirsty , we ordered her an orange juice , a coke for me and a pint of larger for my partner we were told by the bar girl she couldn't serve us drinks unless we were eating , so we decided just to order one dish then we rudely told we all had to order a meal if we wanted to drink ??? We promptly left . We've had just a drink in many pubs with my daughter ,so what on earth is this policy about.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank abigaljo2003
Cotswolds
“You know what to expect.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

As all Wetherspoons pubs, you know what to expect. A very good range of real ales at prices you won't find elswhere. Food is adequate and filling, free wifi via the cloud.
Although I do find that the cheap beer prices does attract a certain kind of cliental.
It can take a long time to get served when busy, and it is difficult to give a table number if alone as someone else can sit at the table whilst you are being served.

Visited April 2013
“Awful!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Walked in past the tattooed drunks swearing and shouting - at 11:00am for breakfast! Staff couldn't have been more unhelpful if they tried. My breakfast was cold, mushrooms were raw and the bacon burnt. Staff didn't care in the slightest. I would never return if my life depended on it - avoid like the plague.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank James_thegent
England
“Good breakfast, no limes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good breakfast with friendly service. Went at night and for anyone who drinks Corona would know a lime is essential. Most nights they had no limes, however ask for a Coke during the day and you get lime. Can only assume the "no limes" meant they couldn't be bothered to cut them. Group of 13 eating and drinking so didn't think this was unreasonable.

Visited August 2013