“Very tasty pizza at a good price.”
Review of Modello Bar - CLOSED

Modello Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bristol
“Very tasty pizza at a good price.”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I chose the pizza at modello and i was really impressed. My starter was also really tasty & everybody elses dishes seemed to look nice too. The price was very reasonable.

Some of the other people who have written reviews have experience bad customer service - this was not the case for me.

The only thing i feel is worth mentioning is that Modello is also a bar in its own right and will attract a lot of people out just for drinks (this is how I normally experience Modello). This is not necessarily a bad thing - in fact it can be quite fun to have a gradual transition from meal to bar atmosphere over the evening - however - it is definitely worth mentioning in case you were planning a quiet night out!

The thing I like most about Modello is that it is a modern / cool venue which still serves Real Ale! The only problem is that they are not very good at keeping it in stock. They have 3 ales pumps and often dont even have one in stock.

1 Thank Paul D

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Decor, Poor Service”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The venue and decor is excellent, and the food was great as always! However, for a quiet Friday afternoon (only 3 tables in) the service was absolutely appalling, and extremely slow!

• Visited May 2011
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Good Food, BAD Service!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Tonight i visited Modello for a meal with a small group of friends.
We found that the food was very good and well priced, however the service was quite the opposite. We were asked first of all if we were eating and had a drink order taken only to be served an incorrect drink and then the correct one was served in a lipstick stained glass. The waitress then took a very long time knowing we were eating to take our order and I could only get her attention when staring at her whilst she was quite obviously doing nothing. She then came to the table and was very rude whilst taking our order, she was very blunt and it came across like she could not be bothered to be there. On serving our food she was again very rude just shoving our food infront of us. When we wanted to pay we had to go to the bar as she was no where to be seen.
Modello was clearly understaffed and if the staff working are going to be rude then maybe they should employ others.
I cannot fault the bar man as he was very polite and apologised for us having to wait.
I will not be returning and neither will my friends!

• Visited March 2011
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“great decor, average food !”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

lovely stylish venue, very up market looking for yeovil
my only dislike was the fact my wine glass was dirty looking, just think it should of been polished after coming out of the dish washer !
me and a friend lunched her on a monday, there was only a 10 min wait for food, and the food was nice, not excellent but not poor ! i had a cajun chicken flatbread with chips (the chips were lovely) my friend had a burger which she enjoyed !

• Visited March 2011
4 Thank chicky1985
“Awful Food”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Service very slow and the food was awful. There was six of us and we all had pasta - how hard can it be? It was a Thursday night and not overly busy, however only putting on one barman and one waitress was not a good idea, we had to wait ages!! Surroundings on the other hand - very nice!

• Visited February 2011