“What went wrong with the rebuild?”

Bell Inn- Hungry Horse
Ranked #44 of 185 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bell is an attractive large Hungry Horse pub fully refurbished Winter 2013. On the fringe of town, one mile outside Yeovil town centre, the pub is in a quiet suburban area near the Business Park. Like all Hungry Horses we are renowned for serving value for money, delicious food from a main menu with a massive range of dishes to choose from. We have fantastic booth seating in the restaurant for more intimate or family dining. There is something here to suit all ages which, along with the pub's children's facilities, makes the Bell Inn ideal for families. We have a good locals following with customers turning up to have a quiet pint with friends or watch an exciting match on the big screen. Our other sports facilities include a pool table and Sky sports. The bar area is for adults only with a wide choice of drinks. If you are looking for a family friendly pub, a place to relax with a pint or sample a hearty meal, The Bell is just right for you
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“What went wrong with the rebuild?”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well, what can I say... Other than shocking!
We went in for dinner after hearing mixed reviews. You're the only person who can judge for yourself at the end of the day...
Hmmm....
My chicken was dry, the chips barely warm and my wifes meal was even worse than mine!
You would think with a brand new place, the team would be more than enthusiastic to make your visit a great one... Instead it was the complete opposite.
Made to feel like we were doing them a favour by being in there - that's when you were even acknowledged!
Dirty tables, menus ect...
Not good!
Wont be back!

1 Thank MalcP55

Montecatini Terme, Italy
“What Chicken produces your eggs???”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visited the Hungry Horse on recent visit to UK...seemed a nice refurb after their recent fire...Friendly staff...But who is tasked with procuring your produce??? The eggs are incredible...must be from new strain of micro chickens!!! Last time ate eggs like this they were from a bag of Haribos... Please try harder with your menu...if you are trying to keep to a price point...please raise it and up the quality...

Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Never again!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The staff were really friendly and efficient but the food was terrible!! I had the cheesy leak tart, with new potatoes and 'side salad' (tiny bit of lettuce and cucumber) - the tart looked like it had been dropped on the floor, was very over cooked and dry and the new potatoes were gritty and hard - under cooked! My husband had the fish and chips and that was pretty grim too!! Luckily our meals were ' two for £8.49' (which is a good deal) but the food wasn't even worth that! Would have been gutted if we had have paid any more!! We won't be going back!

• Visited January 2014
“Not for people who like fresh food!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I went with 6 others including 2 children for sat lunch, it was in no way busy when we arrived at midday we ordered in two orders within 5 minutes of arrival and given the wait we had we were expecting fresh food how wrong we were!
The peas were so over cooked or reheated they were closer to grey than green, the chicken on the mixed grill looked like road kill,
My prawn salad was in a hot bowl.
At no point were we asked if our meals were ok even though there was a lot left on our plates, I looked for anyone who might be a manager but gave up after 15 mins.
I won't be returning, not a patch on previous visits.

1 Thank Lauratruswell
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Proper pub grub. ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband went for a midweek dinner here and aside from my steak being rarer than I'd asked we had a lovely meal. Went back with my 6yr old daughter for lunch and again the food was a good standard. My only complaint would be the Yorkshire pudding was way too overcooked and crispy. The staff are pleasant and we didn't have to wait too long, (although we did come in early on a Sunday lunchtime and by 1pm there was a wait for free tables.)The menu is extensive, prices are great value for money considering the big portion sizes, but if your looking for posh grub this is not the place for you.